Author Topic: RETAINED LIST  (Read 38529 times)

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: RETAINED LIST
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2010, 07:53:48 PM »
Disappointed to see Millson released although could see this coming with Evans being the surprise choice to be released. Agree with Wood, Clarke and Camm they were only just good enough for Unibond so wouldn't fancy them making the step up. Why Worksop do you have anyone in mind?

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2010, 07:58:18 PM »
For what its worth i think we need a new no1 keeper. But more importantly is the formation of the team next season. Not taking anything away from the team, but the words character and belief were used far too often last season. We came from behind in too many games. The question should be asked WHY ARE WE GOING BEHIND IN GAMES. The con north will be less forgiving, more teams will hang on to leads. We play with basically two wingers waiting for the ball to come to them. When the going gets tough they go missing. The two middle players find themselves more often than not outnumbered. we should play with a more hard to beat set up rather than "we will scrore more than you". Arsenal under George Graham rather than Newcastle under Kevin keegan. I have not mentioned any names simply because we dont know whos staying or not. Better teams will match our fitness so its vitally important we dont give teams leads, make them earn it.  Am i watching a different BOSTON than YOU? DISCUSS.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2010, 08:02:34 PM »
Faraway pilgrim we do know who is staying (or atleast can if they wont to) and we will be getting a new keeper to challenge Butcher. Check page 4!!!

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2010, 08:10:02 PM »
CARL  I hope most of the players offered terms stay, but i think there will be players on that list leaving. Note- do you think hursty will be our new left back now his contract has expired at  Ilkeston

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2010, 08:12:38 PM »
Seems to me F P that going behind and "we will score more than you" ploy makes for exciting matches , plus it got us promoted .  Better idea than last seasons tactic of going behind early and settling for defeat.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2010, 08:17:34 PM »
Many thanks to the players leaving for their 100% effort and contribution during the time at the club. Hope they soon get fixed up with a new club. 

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2010, 08:51:16 PM »
Well done to all hope they still come to the celebrations next Saturday.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2010, 09:19:41 PM »
I don't think there are too many surprises on the released list.Whatever people think of Wood,he was one of the first on the team sheet every week.I feel a bit for him,and Cammy,although we've never seen the best of him due to injury.It's always sad to see players leave when you've had a successful season,and i'm sure H&S found the decisions much harder than this time last year.Bit surprsed both DD and Mikel have been offered deals,i thought it would be one or the other.Thanks to all those released,they have all played there part this season,good luck to them for the future.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2010, 10:00:54 PM »

Whilst the managers have got the vast majority of their decisions right over the past year, I'm a bit disappointed to read about the players being released:

(1) TOM EVANS
- Yes, he had his nightmares against Burscough and Lowestoft, but he had more good performances than bad ones. You have to say that he single-handedly kept FC United at bay on the opening day of the season, and equally produced some vital saves in the play-offs against North Ferriby and Bradford Park Avenue. When I look at the players retained by the club, I only really see Canoville and Davidson with any experience. Personally I would have liked to have seen Tom marshalling the back line for one more season.

(2) CHRIS WOOD
- He had his detractors early on, but as the season progressed I thought he was our most improved player. Personally I'd have kept him ahead of Cullingworth, as I think he distributes the ball better and is more versatile. He filled in admirably at centre-back away at Hucknall, which I don't think Cullingworth could have done.

(3) ADAM MILLSON
- I don't think the managers have seen enough of Millson in first team competitive action to make this kind of decision. He's been very unlucky with injuries. As a minimum he should have been offered the chance to attend pre-season trials and prove his fitness. If I'd been in charge I would have offered him a contract until Christmas to prove his worth.

(4) MARK CAMM
- Probably the one decision that I agree with. I think there are better players around and I'm not sure he has what it takes to step up to Conference North. That said, I don't think he's been any worse than Davies?

(5) JAMIE CLARKE
- I suppose this was inevitable given the time spent out on loan, but quite simply never had a chance at Boston in his prefered central striking position. Disappointing, as from what we saw in the early weeks of the season he is technically a much better player than Danny Davidson and works harder off the ball than Marc Newsham. Scored plenty of goals out on loan and I'm sure will continue to do so next season.

Good luck to all the players concerned and thanks for all their efforts!

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2010, 10:42:28 PM »
I think Evans and Millson were the only surprises for me, but we may also be saying goodbye to some of the players offered new deals as they may progress up the pyramid (Church, Pearson)

Thank you to all the players who contributed this season, and good luck to those leaving.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2010, 10:50:36 PM »
Don't think there'll be many changes. It will depend if we can keep some but having gone up I think the chances are much reduced of our players being poached. Can't see them wanting to shift sideways to another BSN/BSS team and even if they are wanted by teams higher they would have to turn fully pro which is a risk.

If I was to be nit picky there are 3 maybe 4 of the squad (not naming names) who might struggle at the level above, but as has been said I think they should be given a chance - S&H can tinker with the squad as we go along if needed similar to this season.
When I said 3 or 4 I wasn't counting Matt Bird as he was a loanee or Jamie Clarke as he was as good as gone anyway. So of the others released:

Adam Millson - was 1 of my 4. Feel for him on a personal level as he has had a bad run with injuries but agree with the decision a bit of a risk to offer terms to a player who hasn't played for over a season.

Chris bird - another of my 4. Although as has been said was much improved towards the end felt he was still a bit of a weak link. Saw it most against FCUM, getting turned inside out by their number 10, Wright I think it was. Also his crossing when he got forward was appaling and he wasted many good positions because of his inability to keep a ball in play when crossing from the by-line.

Tom Evans - Surprised about this 1 and not 1 of my 4. As LP has said had a couple of shocking games at Burscough and Lowestoft but generally was solid enough. The big concern was sometimes seemed rooted to his line and didn't command his area enough. I actually thought Aaron Butcher would go and he was another of my 4, this is not because I don't rate Aaron but because he hasn't really had a look in this season. Pleased for the lad and he had a phenomenal game in the UCL Cup final against Retford. Don't think he will stay here to be number 2 again so that will have a big bearing on whether he stops or not.

Mark Camm - Another I'm sort of half surprised at. Was a good solid player until he got injured but then never really got back in the team. On reflection him and Davies where similar players and only 1 was ever going to be retained. Despite what others have said on here I think S&H rate Davies, I think he is 1 who is solid if unspectacular and goes about his business well and was right he was retained.

The other player in my 4 was 1 of Suarez/Davidson. Both have been very hot and cold all season and both seem to play better coming off the bench. I personally thought Danny Davidson would have been the 1 going.

Think they have got it about right. For me Suarez/Davidson have the most to prove at the next level up if they stay and hope they prove me wrong. Hope that those offered accept the deals, if not all then the majority to give us a solid base to work from.

Good luck to all the players released you have all done your bit and hope you find new clubs in the not too distant future.

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2010, 11:04:07 PM »

Anybody know Woksop's retained/released list ?

Surely you don't want players we are releasing!  :o  ;D

So far we have announced that Scott Lowe, Matty Thorpe & Jared Holmes have been released. I suspect there will be more as we make new signings.

We did make two new signings this week Deon Meikle (Hucknall) & Peter Knox (Harrogate Town). There will be more to follow!

http://www.worksoptownfc.co.uk/news/details.php?news_id=1428
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 03:11:14 PM by Finchley Tiger »

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2010, 07:48:51 AM »
Big thank you to all the players released, S&H know what they are doing, we needed to freshen up the squad to progress in the Blue Square North. Expect some of this years first team to become squad players. The question is, which players would we like to sign for the club?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2010, 10:21:16 AM »
I wonder why the comments on this story on the BUFC Facebook site have been erased?

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2010, 10:42:53 AM »
Agree with the list really, not that much of a shock for any .  Complete trust in the managers so untill the opening game they have plenty of time to shape things