Author Topic: RETAINED LIST  (Read 38421 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: RETAINED LIST
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2010, 12:09:45 PM »
Have noproblems with the list and complete faith in our managers judgement. Hope they all can be persuaded to stay as I really do feel we can move forward with a group of players who gelled so well over the season. As for the doubts expressed by some re Danny and Mikel I feel they are unfounded as when one subbed the other more often than not it was a success.

As for the shirts I dont really care its whats in them that counts.

Czuczmans Rocket

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2010, 12:24:31 PM »
I'm quite sad to see Evans go to be honest, had far more good games than bad and produced several very important saves in vital games, maybe this is the time for Butcher to step forward and fufill his potential. Good luck Tom, a sound pro who did a great job for us in a great season.

Chris Wood i think proved to be a very useful aquisition due to his versatlility, improved and got stronger as the season progressed, perhaps he has found his level, who knows. I liked Woody and he will be fondly remembered around York Street.

Mark Camm reminds me a little of Wes Parker, not in his style of play or anything but the fact he was an early summer signing, captained the side and arrived with a great CV. I really wanted it to work out for Cammy as he seemed a decent guy but it just never really got going for him, i kind of waited for it to happen but it never did. Maybe injuries or whatever but thanks Cammy and good luck mate.

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2010, 12:27:18 PM »
I have great faith in the managers and their decisions so will wait and see what happens and get behind the players, managers and board when the new season comes around.

I am more then happy to put blind faith into these guys as they earned it last year.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2010, 12:45:47 PM »
No-one is doubting the managers decisions regarding those leaving.I have every faith they will get it right,just as they did this time last year.However.as i said in an earlier post,i am sure their decision was harder this time around,after a season of success.There was always going to be some leaving.Budget constraints mean some have to go to get some in.I do feel though for Cammy and Woody.Cammy was probably expected,with his season disrupted by injury,but he is still a player who will do a great job for someone.Woody,i think,is more of a surprise,at least to me.S&H have shown great faith in their younger players,and whatever anyone says,the fact is Woody started 34 and was a used sub once out of 38 league games.Perhaps Unibond Premier is his level.Good luck to all those released,and lets hope all those offered terms accept them.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2010, 01:55:45 PM »
I think Evans and Millson were the only surprises for me, but we may also be saying goodbye to some of the players offered new deals as they may progress up the pyramid (Church, Pearson)

Thank you to all the players who contributed this season, and good luck to those leaving.
Can't see Church going tbh as he dropped down a level to play for S&H last season, Pearson I would guess will only go if offered silly money by a bigger higher placed club (Conf Nat or above) and I can see him being here next season. Of the rest the biggest doubt will be Weir-Daley who may attract attention from a bigger club. Whatever happens I trust S&H to bring in decent replacements if some do turn down deals.

If they all do sign we would need another goalkeeper and left footed player who could play centre back and full back. I would say we also need another centre midfielder and either another defensive player or striker, both if finances allow.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 01:57:55 PM by woad_pilgrim »

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2010, 04:28:09 PM »
Can understand the managers decisions on letting the 5 players go.
However I'm very Surprised to see DD asked to stay. Mikel is my prefered choice out of the two tall forwards. Mikel has adapted well to the unibond and has progressed as a player. DD has not shown as much improvement and doesn't give the team much difference in offering an alternative style of striker. The managers want a variety of players in the squad. It seems having both the 2 tall lads doesnt benefit us much, as their style of play is very similar. This isn't a dig at Danny. I just think we could find a better forward which we'll need to compete in the BSN. Some might say look at the goals DD has got for us and yes they all played a part in helping us to win. But why have 2 players that offer the same role within a team when you could have a different player offering us more options ? With a limited budget it's all about having options. The managers have done amazing job finding such a versatile squad, this is the only area I think they could of reassessed before offering new contracts.

All the best to players leaving, sad to loose anyone in this seasons squad.

les

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2010, 09:00:23 PM »
I see that Luton have released a goal keeper Shane Gore.
Does anyone know anything about him.

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2010, 09:50:43 PM »
seen him play for Havant and Waterlooville. Didnt stand out really.  Kevin Scriven was much better

Seenbetter

« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2010, 12:37:36 PM »
Can't understand why Evans is going. I thought he was good for us, unless of course the managers know more than we do and have someone better on the cards. As for Woody, I thought he was holding his own and doing ok. Bit sad to see him go because he had come on a long way through the season. As for DD and MS, I must confess I would have moved both of them out. I would prefer to see a quick strong player about 4 inches shorter than DD because he would still be able to jump higher than him. MS gets more in the air but I thought he was slow and ran out of puff too easily.
I do have a theory as to why DD could not jump, his endowement was holding him down, if you know what I mean.  ::) ::)

Bartmac

« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2010, 01:43:56 PM »
Not surprised to see Woody go, for me he tended to back off attacking players therefore allowing them to cross the ball instead of getting up close and preventing them, also, if anyone had kept a statistic of mis-placed passes over the season I'm sure Woody would've been well to the fore!!!

les

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2010, 07:21:00 PM »
MS is deceptively quick.
His style of running makes him look a bit laboured, and he doesn't put in quite so much effort if he is second best,but if he is in front he rarely gets caught, and he is very powerful in the air.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2010, 08:03:01 PM »
While Mikel is certainly a better header of the ball than Danny I don't think he can handle the physical side of the game as well as Danny can, plus Danny is quicker off the mark than Mikel who just seems to jog around the pitch.

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2010, 08:09:30 PM »
For what its worth i think we need a new no1 keeper. But more importantly is the formation of the team next season. Not taking anything away from the team, but the words character and belief were used far too often last season. We came from behind in too many games. The question should be asked WHY ARE WE GOING BEHIND IN GAMES. The con north will be less forgiving, more teams will hang on to leads. We play with basically two wingers waiting for the ball to come to them. When the going gets tough they go missing. The two middle players find themselves more often than not outnumbered. we should play with a more hard to beat set up rather than "we will scrore more than you". Arsenal under George Graham rather than Newcastle under Kevin keegan. I have not mentioned any names simply because we dont know whos staying or not. Better teams will match our fitness so its vitally important we dont give teams leads, make them earn it.  Am i watching a different BOSTON than YOU? DISCUSS.
attack..attack...attack attack attack (discussed)
"till saturday comes"

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2010, 09:55:04 PM »
For what its worth i think we need a new no1 keeper. But more importantly is the formation of the team next season. Not taking anything away from the team, but the words character and belief were used far too often last season. We came from behind in too many games. The question should be asked WHY ARE WE GOING BEHIND IN GAMES. The con north will be less forgiving, more teams will hang on to leads. We play with basically two wingers waiting for the ball to come to them. When the going gets tough they go missing. The two middle players find themselves more often than not outnumbered. we should play with a more hard to beat set up rather than "we will scrore more than you". Arsenal under George Graham rather than Newcastle under Kevin keegan. I have not mentioned any names simply because we dont know whos staying or not. Better teams will match our fitness so its vitally important we dont give teams leads, make them earn it.  Am i watching a different BOSTON than YOU? DISCUSS.

Attack
attack..attack...attack attack attack (discussed)