Author Topic: RETAINED LIST  (Read 38541 times)

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: RETAINED LIST
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2010, 03:00:14 PM »
Also playing at york street means playing in a proper stadium every other week. Even Bradfords ground who have more money than most at this level was more of a field with one stand. Even looking at the very top of non league football I remember going to Oxford in the Football league days and even there ground seemed very 'artificial' with only three sides and despite the home side winning 2-1 despite a rare Stuart Douglas goal (i think) the was next to no atmosphere even though there was a big gate. Basically in non league York Street is on a par with any ground.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2010, 09:44:18 PM »
Like Boston Woody, I'd worry about the managers rather the players, something not helped by my Millers-supporting brother-in-law routinely referring to Scott and Hurst as "Rotherham's next managers". But they were shabbily treated by Ilkeston and I suspect they will honour their current contract, especially, as has been noted, to go to a club in a higher league means going full-time. That said, I do think they will leave for a bigger club at some point but they will leave us in a better position than they found us. I'm sure Newton and Kempster are considering contract extensions and the like as we speak.

As for the players, I'd give them all a chance next season. I don't know that many will leave for better pastures - the having to go full-time thing applies to them too and clearly they like playing for each other, the managers and also for us, the fans.

BU on the up

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2010, 11:06:37 AM »
I feel (as many others on here) that unless a league side come in for our players or managers then they will all stick together and go again next year in the BSN. With our fan base they have the potential to take this club into the league over time. They have years ahead of them as managers so at least 2/3 years with us would be ideal for them as it gives them the chance to learn their trade at a big stable club.

I feel the following should definatly be offered new deals with a new goalkeeper being top of our wanted list:
Pearson, Canners, Cully, Sleath, Church, Yates, Newsham, Suarez, Weir Daley

Sooooooo happy we are out of that tinpot league - never to return again!!!

BU on the UP!!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2010, 04:08:02 PM »
Can someone remind me of the games Evans has lost us this season ?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2010, 04:26:19 PM »
 Tom Evans  ?
   I would proffer  Burscough Away . . had a good view  .
    Not saying he should leave . . goalies can do a job into their late 30 s , even quite  high up the Leagues .
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 04:29:36 PM by father Ted »

artie

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2010, 04:31:16 PM »
Lowestoft  ???

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2010, 04:37:24 PM »
Kevin Poole at Burton is 46 and has been retained for next season.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2010, 04:39:01 PM »
I think he,s mainly the coach ..
  But there  U go . .

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2010, 05:43:18 PM »
didn't we finish with the least amount of conceded goals in the league. Evans is the best keeper we've owned since bazza no doubt. I'd keep the lot. They deserve a crack at the next level with maybe three or four coming in.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2010, 05:48:03 PM »
Tom Evans  ?
   I would proffer  Burscough Away . . had a good view  .
    Not saying he should leave . . goalies can do a job into their late 30 s , even quite  high up the Leagues .

Hmmm, not sure I agree regarding Burscough, the wind was the major factor not the keeper.  That said it was hardly his (or the rest of the lads) finest hour!

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2010, 06:04:12 PM »
I've only been to two games this season so am not massively qualified to speak about this but from what I've seen, most of the players deserve a crack at the BSN.

They all seem young, hungry and together - the team spirit looks better than it has for years.

My only reservations would be the long fellas up front. They're a bit pony aren't they?

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2010, 08:02:20 PM »
Ritchie P we cannot keep everyone and add 4 or 5 because 1 that would me a squad of around 25 meaning 9 players sat in the stands and 2 we couldn't afford it, the better performers this season will expect a pay rise and rightly so who wouldn't in there situation? Pay rises plus 4 or 5 more on the wage bills wouldn't be within our budget. Whilst everyone has given 100% this season football is harsh and a few will move on.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2010, 10:11:53 PM »
Evans kept us in the match on saturday, pulling off that brilliant save near the end from the head, that llooked a certain goal.

I do think that one of our big strikers will leave us though, I dont see us keeping both of them.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2010, 10:24:41 PM »
I dont know what some peoples gripe is with evans, he only conceaded 34 all season, with this only been bettered buy 2 teams throu the confrence and unibond i think dispite little errors its all in save hands

BU on the up

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2010, 09:20:01 AM »
You can't fault Evans when it comes to his shot stopping - I just feel he looks weak at set pieces and there have been times this season where he hasn't been commanding enough.

Of course it's up to the managers to decided and I'm sure they will be the best people to decide who is good enough for the step up and who isn't.

Promotion is finally starting to sink in!

BU on the UP!!