Author Topic: RETAINED LIST  (Read 38549 times)

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
Re: RETAINED LIST
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 07:07:34 PM »
Nothing to defend CP, we might as well close the forum if it was just going to be a constant stream of 'well done etc.etc.'.  Congratulations to the team, staff and all connected but this message board is to air any view any fan has and wishes to share/discuss.

My two penneth would be another striker, maybe both full backs and as mentioned by others a keeper.  Let's not forget as we go up a level some players just won't quite make it and those older (not that there are many!) will have another year in the legs to cope with.

Frankly though I'd trust the managers and chairman with my bank details so i think i back them enough to get those they feel we need for next season!

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 07:08:20 PM »
RETAINED LIST -

everyone

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 07:41:08 PM »
Think they would have to see who leaves or gets poached before they can finalise a list  .
 They will look at the injury prone . .which puts AM in jeopardy .
    Looking at extra striking options is always recommended . .

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2010, 08:47:25 PM »
S&H may well surprise us again. Last season they got rid of nearly everyone and that worked out well!!!. Although they could keep everyone from this season I think that we shall again see some surprises. It may not be the players we expect to be released but may well be determined by the players they are able to bring in who would enjoy playing for us at the higher level of BSN and add something to the squad. Probably got 2 or 3 players in mind already. The're not the kind of managers to let the grass grow under their feet (except in the York Street 6 yard box!).

Until then let the players enjoy their moment of glory!

Anita Goodsheet

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 08:50:42 PM »
id quite like to see bpa's number 5 lining up for us next season. he really stood out for me yesterday.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 08:55:23 PM »
 Yes , but this team has proved it can rise to the big occasion , look at the 1st League match . . 2-1  win away at FCUM  .
   And its not an old team .

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2010, 12:41:29 AM »
My major fear isn't the players, it's more the impressive CV that Messrs Hurst and Scott are building that's worrying me, please gents if you read this keep it in the drawer for another couple of years at least.

I'd go to hell and back behind those 2 and after this years miracles believe in every decision they make, so I'm just waiting with interest to see what their views are

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2010, 08:12:37 AM »
First on my retained list would be the 2500 fans that turned up against Ferriby, to ensure a bigger budget and reduce our losses.
Extend the managers contracts for a further 12 months, with an option of another 12 months.
Then leave the rest to Scotty and Hurst.
The great thing about this site is that we all have a passion for the club, and support whoever wears the shirt, no matter how good or bad it may get.
What a load of match debaters we are.

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2010, 10:13:56 AM »
There are many cloggers in the NPL interdispersed with the odd gem.

I hope the management duo have been keeping their eyes open, particularly on Ross Hannah.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2010, 10:39:24 AM »
RETAINED LIST -

everyone

Agree, all players should get there chance at the next level and in truth our bad games this year have been when teams have got right at us verry quick, BSN affords that extra second or 2 on the ball and this i think will suit our players

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2010, 11:13:47 AM »
Hopefully Scott and Hurst won't be head hunted and persuaded by a bigger club. They are only part time and would have to give up any other commitments as surely any 'bigger' club than Boston would have to be a full time one.

During Rob Scott's interview he said that he would be looking at contracts this week before taking a well deserved holiday, so hopefully we will be hearing news sooner rather than later. Continuity is always a good thing (although a clear out of the injury prone dead would was much needed last year) so hopefully the core of the squad will be retained. These decisions are always difficult, many didn't believe Joby Gowshall would cut it in the Confrence but he proved many wrong and had a good season. However when we got promoted to the Football League we retained players like Nick Conroy, Andy Lodge and David Town to name just a few who didn't even get many games between them the previous season and were never going to be better than average local players.

Including Bird who is on loan the squad numbers currently at 21 on the home page. This would more than likely be the ideal number the managers would be looking for to get quality rather than quantity and to keep everyone happy. The managers will look at improving the squad in order to make progress. Personally I think Bird will go back to Grimsby. Clarke will be released. I am not a fan of Camm, Davies or Wood and think there is better out there. Five out would leave room for five in a left back, a right back, two midfielders, and a forward. The managers may choose to release more than five if they feel there is better value for money out there, the priority though should be retaining the core of the squad Pearson, Canoville, Church, Sleath and Weir Daley; obviously on reasonable wages.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2010, 12:58:26 PM »
 I think the Mgrs will stick around for another 2  yrs  . . the scent of  promotion possibilities is always a strong one .
    If they could get us to the Conference Nat  in say  2 yrs ,  I would let them go ; but then they'd prob only go a League higher .

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2010, 01:14:12 PM »
in my opinion S&H can acheive all they want right here as we have the fan base and sensible chairmen in Kempster and Newton

As for who to keep for next season in BSN, i think all the current sqaud should have a chance to prove themselves at this level but if push came to shove and i had to pick players who i think are essentails to keep i'd say

Pearson
Canners
Yates
Newsh
SWD
Sleath
Church

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2010, 01:24:29 PM »
Of course S B  .
  Speaking generally we should be in a good position  .
    TT only had a short time to assemble about 18 players out of the 'unattached'  box and managed to place us 12 th in the BSN  .
    The present  mgrs have much more drive and focus so it should not be difficult  to make the B.S.N playoffs .
      Also I think players ,esp in Non -League , respond to the level and quality of support a club gets  .
             Nuff said  !

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2010, 02:50:56 PM »
In the NLP yesterday Canners did the Dream Team feature , included in his team was Cully.