Author Topic: RETAINED LIST  (Read 38536 times)

CRANWELL PILGRIM

• View Profile
RETAINED LIST
« on: May 02, 2010, 01:27:58 PM »
Hursty says they have now got to get together and think about the players they want to keep and to think about building a squad for next year.
Who should they keep? Will the likes of Pearson, Newsham, Sleath, Church and Wier Daley be poached by richer teams higher up in the pyramid.
As I understand it only Canners is contracted for next year.
Who would you like to see brought in?

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: RETAINED LIST
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 01:35:08 PM »
My retained list would be
Evans
Parker, Pearson, Canners, Cully
Sleath, Church, Yates, maybe semple
Newsham, suarez, weir daley

would like to see a good keeper come in keep evans as back up,
Couple of defenders especially full backs
Then hopefully just improove where its possible to buy for further up the field,
Another target man to go with suarez would be good!

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 02:04:53 PM »
the squad we have got would do well in bsn i reckon.if we had not got promotion then maybe we would have struggled to keep one or two that might have gone to teams a bit higher up the pyramid but as it is, similar squad for me
"till saturday comes"

Dogbaby

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 02:40:00 PM »
I'm with cappo on this one - keep the entire squad as it is and see how the season starts.  If we struggle, then we can change things.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 02:43:18 PM »
I'm with cappo on this one - keep the entire squad as it is and see how the season starts.  If we struggle, then we can change things.

Seems sensible to me. Unlike last season, the squad needs little work to step up - I think the team we have now is better than the one that finished 10th the BSN before we got demoted. Perhaps another option up front...?

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 02:46:42 PM »
I don't think we need anymore than 2 or 3 additions.Who they should be and who should leave?-well i think i'll leave that to S&H-they seem to know what they're doing. ;)

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 02:53:19 PM »

Seems sensible to me. Unlike last season, the squad needs little work to step up - I think the team we have now is better than the one that finished 10th the BSN before we got demoted. Perhaps another option up front...?
our currant team would beat the pre h/s squad every way possible and as pete says it finished 10th.
"till saturday comes"

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 02:55:05 PM »

our currant team would beat the pre h/s squad every way possible and as pete says it finished 10th.

Unless Tony 'The Crane' Crane was playing, in which case the H/S team would be booted into next week and would lose to a 91st minute Crane penalty.

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 03:20:18 PM »
Well obv i don't support Boston, but i'd feel all your lads should be given a chance to prove themselves in BSN. Just my opinion like

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 03:35:20 PM »
Unless Tony 'The Crane' Crane was playing, in which case the H/S team would be booted into next week and would lose to a 91st minute Crane penalty.

God I miss the Crane, imagine the celebrations trying to lift the Crane above our heads.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 03:46:13 PM »
Don't think there'll be many changes. It will depend if we can keep some but having gone up I think the chances are much reduced of our players being poached. Can't see them wanting to shift sideways to another BSN/BSS team and even if they are wanted by teams higher they would have to turn fully pro which is a risk.

If I was to be nit picky there are 3 maybe 4 of the squad (not naming names) who might struggle at the level above, but as has been said I think they should be given a chance - S&H can tinker with the squad as we go along if needed similar to this season.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 04:44:02 PM »
Well I think Jamie Clarke will be the first one out of the door - as with the rest, although I haven't been a fan of either Cully or Wood they should be given a chance to see how well they adapt to a higher level. Another goal-keeper would be handy - we should keep Butcher though and send him out on loan to another club for the season so he can gain plenty of first team experience.

I do wonder if Hurst and Scott see Milly as being injury prone and might let him go? I hope not as he should be given a chance to show what he can do.

Seenbetter

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 05:05:49 PM »
Stuff this topic. We are one day after winning promotion. Lets enjoy the moment. Should be another week at least before we think about players that stay predictions. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 05:08:47 PM »
Stuff this topic. We are one day after winning promotion. Lets enjoy the moment. Should be another week at least before we think about players that stay predictions. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Nope your not they earned it and deserve time to enjoy the moment.

CRANWELL PILGRIM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 07:03:15 PM »
Don't get me wrong. When I started this topic it was to raise a discussion about who we should keep or are likely to be able to keep.
I for one would like to see the vast majority of the squad that got us promotion kept. I am sure that with the odd exception they are more than capable of doing well one step higher. The question is will the vultures from above start to take some of the better players away from us.
I hope we get as many as possible signed up quickly to keep the vultures away.