Author Topic: Shaun Pearson  (Read 10303 times)

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Shaun Pearson
« on: July 03, 2009, 04:29:57 PM »
Sorry if this has been mentioned, i notice that Shaun Pearson is now on the squad profile on the o/s, so i presume thats another new signing.

I know his name has been mentioned on here before.

Its now just appeared on home page!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 04:31:32 PM by beefpilgrim »
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

TheWizard

• View Profile
Re: Shaun Pearson
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 04:45:09 PM »
It's been on OS since about 9-30 this morning!!!!

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 04:52:50 PM »
can anyone remember about 3 or 4 years ago when Notts County had 6 players in their squad that had played for us the season before and I joked that they should of been called Boston United 05-06. Now we are doing the same with Stamford. Maybe we should be called Stamford 08/09 for the new season.

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 07:11:56 PM »
Players Player of the year last season for Stamford! That's got to be a good sign :)
Welcome to The Pilgrims Shaun.
I see that Tyrone Kirk was Supporters Player of the year and Jamie Clarke Top Goalscorer as well ;)

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 01:07:15 PM »
I have been saying for months that we should be signing Sean Pearson, both here and on impstalk, and let me tell you guys he is the bollox !!! :-*
Forget Tyrone for a a moment, if he stays he is a good signing, forget Clarke for a monent, though he was their top goalscorer,and having watched him several times, I am still to be convinced, but in giving him a chance will reserve judgement. From what I've seen though he will need to really up his workload to become a real hit
Pearson is class. Like Aaron, I personally think we will struggle to hold on to him,he is that good. I guess he's 6' 2" maybe, commanding, great in the air, great committed tackler and quick
I know this might sound absurd but given the choice Ellie or Pearson I would pick the 19 year old, he is going to be a real star, great great signing

Again though, I doubt if the managers have actually seen him play, maybe it was on reccomendation, or more likely maybe they were simply taking my advice so freely and repeatedly given over the last few months! ;D

walrus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 01:40:52 PM »

Again though, I doubt if the managers have actually seen him play, maybe it was on reccomendation, or more likely maybe they were simply taking my advice so freely and repeatedly given over the last few months! ;D
[/quote]

Or probably another off Walshy,s list ;)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 02:52:01 PM »
Seems curious to me that lots on here assume S&H have not seen Stamford players in action. Why should they be different to other UNI managers that scouts the lower leagues ? Another oddity is that some signing are Welsh contacts according to postings yet when Steve landed the managers job most complained he lacked contacts. I notice a lot of these signings are Sheffield based ( like our previous part-time days) which is S&H country, while Steve is lincolnshire based.

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 06:09:46 PM »

walsh had already spoken to pearson last season about joining us this season

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 09:04:29 PM »
Things are looking better if S&H are attracting players that would not join under old management.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 09:23:56 PM »
Why didnt he sign last season?Can Stanners help us out?

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2009, 10:27:06 PM »
This is classic "I know something you don't" stuff, so apologies for that, but apparently it's best not to take it all at face value with Pearson... With him being under 24 and contracted last season, Stamford would've been/are entitled to compensation. Make of that what you will.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2009, 11:57:46 PM »
Was he contracted? Or just registered? I doubt many players are on contract at Unibond South level..
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 01:51:58 PM »
Thankfully "signing" players rather than "talking" seems to be the S&H way.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 07:29:33 PM »
Difficult to cope with this straight forward approach .... where is all the hype, the nonsense press releases, the rumours, the 'we are on the lowest budget in the league', and of course all the nepotism.

Arrrgghhh them were the days  ;D

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 07:45:00 PM »
Difficult to cope with this straight forward approach .... where is all the hype, the nonsense press releases, the rumours, the 'we are on the lowest budget in the league', and of course all the nepotism.

Arrrgghhh them were the days  ;D

Have to say althou we aint in them days anymore. boy oh boy the close season seems so long now