Author Topic: We`re up!  (Read 17828 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: We`re up!
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2010, 06:54:35 PM »
I wouldn't wish our experiences of the Evans era on any team, not even Lincoln (Ouch, that hurt to write that)

Are you sure, not even a little smile if he went there?

So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2010, 07:03:23 PM »
None at all.

The only smile I'd have regarding him would be if he was given a one way ticket on the next NASA probe to the edge of the solar system........then Ken would be pissed about space junk!

He's no place in football, everything and I mean everything thats gone wrong here over the last decade has been down to him and him alone.

Lets hope yesterday draws a line in the sand as regards that rotten bastard.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2010, 07:21:19 PM »
I just hope Evans doesn't stick his oar in, I can imagine some of his comments: "I'm really pleased for Boston after the last couple of years they've had", "the club and it's fans have special place in my heart" and "the supporters probably regard me as being one of their best ever managers".

I've got to go now as I think I'm going to be sick  :(

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2010, 07:26:18 PM »
Not even Evans is stupid enough to try that.

I reckon it's time to stop talking about him now anyway. He's history, and we have a far superior management team in place now than we ever had under that cock-end.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2010, 08:38:52 PM »
Anyway . . front page with foto in N.L.N . . ( read hastily in Tescos )

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2010, 08:53:49 PM »
Not even Evans is stupid enough to try that.

I reckon it's time to stop talking about him now anyway. He's history, and we have a far superior management team in place now than we ever had under that cock-end.
It was time to stop talking about him a long time ago which most have, let's hope the minority follow suit.

As for the game, not the best but their pitch didn't help, it was dry and hard making the bounce of the ball hard to read, suppose that's the way they're going to be this time of season. Both sides resorted to hitting it long, thought we where the better side first half and the goal was against the run of play.

Second half they had a stack of chances in the first 15 minutes and we rode our luck but sometimes you have to. We then scored with our first meaningful attack of the half. From then on the rest of normal time was end to end stuff and I had a feeling next goal would win it.

Once it went to extra time I thought our fitness would tell as it has so many times already this season and that proved to be the case. Apart from the goal we had several other chances to make it more comfy but that aint the Boston way.

Not the greatest performance but the result was the only thing that counted. Special mention to Danny Davidson, he has been slated on here and by a lot of supporters I have met at the ground. Thought he was excellent yesterday, he actually showed great power and pace against their defence creating himself 2 or 3 good chances which he unfortunately missed. But he did an awful lot to take the pressure off the defence in extra time.

goodyntu

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2010, 09:01:17 PM »
Totally agree with the comment about Davidson in extra time. I Thought bringing him and Semple were the spark to get us playing again after a lacklusture first half performance, and although Danny missed a few chances towards the end, I thought it was the best spell i've seen him play this season. Credit goes to the managers again for the two inspired substitutions.

Shippy92

• Just another Snapper...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2010, 10:45:48 PM »
Just to let you know the rest of my photos from yesterday are up at: http://bufc.fotopic.net/c1844181.html

And to all those who were on bus 3 (if any) here is a photo for you! Think these guys deserve credit!

See you next season guys!