Author Topic: Tyrone Kirk  (Read 8449 times)

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Tyrone Kirk
« on: July 03, 2009, 04:14:07 PM »
Have a look on the Stamford forum at a post by Kirk.Perhaps his signing here isn't as clear cut as we think.............

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tyrone Kirk
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 04:24:59 PM »
so we signed someone who may only play in pre-season for is if that,just to go somewhere else if hes wanted their ???

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 04:30:18 PM »
link please see we can all see what your on about.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 04:32:41 PM »

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 04:49:39 PM »
Thanks Tom.  If indeed it is actually him that has written that then thats not good. We either don't get him or we get a dissapointed Tyrone Kirk.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 04:52:47 PM »
A touch of the Dean West's about this 1!!!

Sounds like the lad is a good player from what has been said on the Stamford forum + the fact he is deemed good enough for trials with a full time club i.e. Conf National or above.

So that's Ben Pringle and now Kirk that TT saw nothing in...

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 07:02:05 PM »
Well thats a bit of a strange one, if it is correct.
I was as blinkered as TT it seems, if you read all the tributes from the Stamford fans, but then I'm no expert. They loved his style of play as much as the Ginbreds down the A52 disliked him (surely sour grapes).
I was hoping that he'd be making me eat my words this season, but this seemingly puts that in doubt, at least for us.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 10:40:07 AM »
United sign winger Kirk
30 Jun 2009

Boston United have completed the signing of highly-rated winger Tyrone Kirk from UniBond Division One South neighbours Stamford.

From Stamford forum

it says i have signed for boston what i have actually done is agreed to go there if i havent signed for a pro club by august 8 im training with a club next week so fingers crossed it works out there for me.

Now to my way of thinking one of those statements are untrue, IF it is actually Kirk that wrote the second one then it needs some one from the club to clarify to the fans wether we have or have not signed Kirk. Over to you Cookie.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 10:49:56 AM »
How strange is that? Then nothing in football surprises me anymore, i mean who would of thought Fatty Evans was a cheat.  ::)

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 10:51:55 AM »
Agree with Tash and Richie seems like there are quite a few people trying to cause trouble for us this season on various forums so I would question the validity of that statement and whether it actually is Kirk.

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2009, 11:32:13 AM »
United sign winger Kirk
30 Jun 2009

Boston United have completed the signing of highly-rated winger Tyrone Kirk from UniBond Division One South neighbours Stamford.

From Stamford forum

it says i have signed for boston what i have actually done is agreed to go there if i havent signed for a pro club by august 8 im training with a club next week so fingers crossed it works out there for me.

Now to my way of thinking one of those statements are untrue, IF it is actually Kirk that wrote the second one then it needs some one from the club to clarify to the fans wether we have or have not signed Kirk. Over to you Cookie.

We make an official statement to say one thing and a unknown on a chat forum says another and we doubt our official statement!! Too much sun I think.

Could it be possible that both are correct, we have signed Tyrone Kirk but he has a clause in his contract* letting him talk to a pro club if one come in for him. If this is the case we have a player with a lot of ambition on the way up that will be trying to impress in the shop window.

*EDIT: Agreement with the club verbal or otherwise.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 01:20:09 PM by qwerty »

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2009, 12:06:14 PM »
Surely it is very doubfful thar we would stand in ANY players way if they were offered terms by a full time club. That is pretty much the approach by the vast majority of clubs if they are approached by a team from higher up the pyramid.

The only factor usually taken into account what price is offered for the player, in this case depending on the agreement with Tyrone it could be nothing.

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2009, 12:58:35 PM »
Lets be sensible here guys. If he had been given a contract, the news release would have said just that, and if that was the case he wouldn't be looking for a club higher than us, as it would a transfer fee, regardless of whether or not he kicked a competitive ball
He has simply been signed, no more no less, and as we are in the unibond, one can ssume it means he has signed unibond registration forms.
Unless a 7 day approach was made, or he walked out, as I understand the rules, he couldn't play for any other team in the unibond
The fact that he claims if he hasn't signed for a better higher up the pyramid team by Aug 8th he will stay, is surely with any player of aspirations a common sense approach, and I dont know how why people question his words on the Stamford Forum, and I am assured it was indeed TK's words
I actually find his honesty quite refreshing, I wish more people in NL football shared such a quality
Having seem him play several times, he is no doubt a really exciting player,who will certainly have us lot singing his name and drooling at his mazey runs, and most of my mates at Stamford say he's a really nice guy as well,
.........but........... imo his defensive frailities combined with the fact that if someone kicks him up in the air (and there are enough monsters in the unibond prem who will queue up to do that, he does have a tendency to drift out of games will stop him going too much higher, and if that doesn't happen, then as his honesty explains he will be playing for us, and again imo that would be great. Certainly not something to get angry or upset about

bb1

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2009, 02:32:11 PM »
Is it just me or did the managers say at the start of the season they only wanted players committed and loyal to the club.They have stuck to their promise of assembling a team that is comprised mainly of younsters.Watched Camm video on o/s he is the oldest at 28.My point is that h/S have surely got a commitment from TK as H/S also said that players didn't need to be gifted only hard working as they described themselves in their playing careers. Just my view but surely they would have signed someone else in his place who was potentially staying for the year. If he isn't committed to BUFC for the season i for one won't care if he stays or goes no matter how good he is.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 03:55:41 PM »
In truth some of our sighnings have had there statments delayed as they had agreed but gone on holidays etc and only released once they had put pen to papper, i think this approach was taken after the comments regarding butcher.