Author Topic: training gets underway  (Read 5799 times)

walrus

• View Profile
training gets underway
« on: July 01, 2009, 09:17:31 PM »

woad_pilgrim

Re: training gets underway
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 02:21:33 PM »
Notice that in the list of former youth players Michael Wood isn't in there, yet he is in this article regarding former first team players without a club. As this didn't mention Beeson, it would indicate that Wood didn't turn up for the trials and isn't interested in rejoining the club. Shame as I thought he was a very good defender and 1 of the best prospects from the youth setup.

TheWizard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 03:49:25 PM »
Notice that in the list of former youth players Michael Wood isn't in there, yet he is in this article regarding former first team players without a club. As this didn't mention Beeson, it would indicate that Wood didn't turn up for the trials and isn't interested in rejoining the club. Shame as I thought he was a very good defender and 1 of the best prospects from the youth setup.
As stated on the thread "Younger Players" Woody going to Harrogate...

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »
Yep saw that but no real evidence to back it up. Been a lot of rumours some have proved true but just as many have proved false. Does anyone really know if he has signed for Harrogate and have something to back it up other than "my best mates brother's next door neighbours daughter is good friends with the niece of a bloke that walks his dog past Woody's house and he was in his garden and told the bloke that he was going to Harrogate", which is the normal source of most rumours on here.  :-\

Seenbetter

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 06:57:38 PM »
I'll tell you something Woad_Pilgrim, that bloke who walks his dog past Woodys house knows what he's talking about, I overheared someone say so.

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 11:23:48 PM »
Interesting to see that Lewis Brooks was at training. He was a very promising talent when here before. Got me thinking back to his goal in pre season against Bradford City 3 years ago. Came on late and scored the 4th. Dean Windass was playing against us but did precious little. The only thing I remember Windass doing, after not getting a sniff all game, was sprint (fast run really) from one side of the pitch to the other and take out one of our players with a spectacularly late tackle.
I've a feeling the player he took out was Canoville, but not sure.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 10:09:39 AM »
Pilgrim21,you remember correctly.It was Canners that "wide-ass" took out with that tackle.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 10:42:47 AM »
I'll tell you something Woad_Pilgrim, that bloke who walks his dog past Woodys house knows what he's talking about, I overheared someone say so.
:D :D :D

Pilgrim21 I thought Lewis was a good prospect as well, and that was at League 2 so should easily make the grade at Unibond. Still only 21-22 so plenty young enough to re-establish himself.