Author Topic: Disappointed but......  (Read 4488 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Disappointed but......
« on: April 25, 2010, 11:02:10 AM »
who wouldn't have taken the play offs at the start of the season?

We've come a long way in a season, lets remember that.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Disappointed but......
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 11:09:47 AM »
I know Andy,but when you've got that close.........................................................

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 11:31:03 AM »
I'd have taken the playoff's just 2 weeks ago.

Marvellous achievement to have got this far and still be in with a shout.

The momentum may be with NFU but I trust our guys to give it all they have got.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 11:50:55 AM »
Your right Andy, We now have a second bite of the cherry and believe me the other teams in the play offs will be disappointed that we are there.
Lets all get rid of this negativity and get ourselves up for Tuesday night after all has Andy says it is where we hoped we would be early on in the season. The players read this forum and they need to know we are 100% behind them and have total confidence in them, So! on Tuesday lets clap and cheer them on to the pitch, that could be just the little boost they need to do the business.
May I add that the sight of our great Chairman at the end of yesterdays game ( He looked totally devastated) left me with a feeling He doesn't deserve this, So come on lets also show him we believe in our great club, turn out in force on Tuesday and show everyone we are going to be promoted. 

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 12:19:04 PM »
Of course there is going to be disappointment at the moment, but at the start of the month I'm sure you would have gladly taken a home draw against Ferriby in the play-offs.

We played Ferriby last week and although we lost to a late goal, we were the better side. Ferriby did not play at all well, nothing like they did a month ago against us. They also struggled to beat Ossett the game before that. So I don't think they are playing that well at the moment, more grinding out results.

This is a tie you know you can win.

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 03:39:03 PM »
Let`s put things in perspective. Marine were a well organised side. After all, they did beat Guiseley 2-0 away so they couldn`t have been a walkover as some fans were suggesting looking at their pre match score predictions. The pitch was awful but they were used to it. Let`s be positive - we are still in with a shout. Have faith Pilgrim fans and give them a rousing ovation when you see them at York Street. Just wish I could be there with you to add my support.

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 04:46:45 PM »
In theory the play-off matches should be much more open with them being one legged so both teams will be trying to win.  We have a massive advantage being at home and if we get a good crowd and they really get behind the players I think we should be ok.  As many have said, its crushing to lose the title, but we are just back where we expected to be a few weeks ago.  If we go up I don't think any of us will care how, just so long as we are back in the Conference North.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 10:49:39 PM »
NFU can't come and play for the draw.  Every team that has come looking for more this year has gone away empty handed.  I still believe that Ferriby will not know how to try and play the game and will be as nervous as we were Saturday.

Lets hope we get our noses infront early.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 11:57:59 AM »
Let`s put things in perspective. Marine were a well organised side. After all, they did beat Guiseley 2-0 away so they couldn`t have been a walkover as some fans were suggesting looking at their pre match score predictions. The pitch was awful but they were used to it. Let`s be positive - we are still in with a shout. Have faith Pilgrim fans and give them a rousing ovation when you see them at York Street. Just wish I could be there with you to add my support.

Lets not forget they beat them while marine had only 10 men so sat was always gonna be a massive task, wich dispite everyone been gutted we did really what the other clubs would normally try, get a draw