Author Topic: Yesterdays attendance  (Read 5089 times)

against the odds

• View Profile
Yesterdays attendance
« on: April 25, 2010, 06:17:10 PM »
In the grand scale of things yesterday it doesn't really matter but the official match report stated a total attendance of 1367 with 743 visitors.  This makes the home support 624 all crammed into 1 end of the ground.  Does anyone else agree that maybe someone has got their sums wrong particularly bearing in mind Marine's other home matches this season - apart from the visit of FCUM - have only been between 218 and 404.  They must have found at least 200 odd new fans or the figures given for BUFC supporters were incorrect.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Yesterdays attendance
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 06:28:40 PM »
I reckon it's about right. I've got a photo of the home stand five minutes before kickoff and it's packed and there are lots of Marine fans standing in the areas to either side of the stand as well. It was a community day with free admittance for children and that will have boosted the gate significantly. I also did a quick estimate of the number of Boston fans while I waited for the teams to come out and came up with about 700, so that looks about right as well.

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 06:33:47 PM »
There home end was very crammed at our game

against the odds

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 06:37:15 PM »
I understand what you're saying, Ken, but I didn't think their end could hold as many as they are making out.  Our end was pretty full and we also had the whole of the side of the ground.  Anyway, as I said in my original thread it doesn't really matter I just wanted to get other attendees thought on it.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 07:05:17 PM »
I stood in the home end and I thought about 7-800 Boston. Hard to tell how many were in the home end but it was comfortable and 4-500 would be about right. Ken's right, there were loads of kids and mums and dads and the atmosphere was spot on, with no obscene chanting or bad language, how it should be when families are present.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 08:53:39 PM »
It was their last game of the season, and a community day so that would have bulked the home crowd up a bit.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 09:18:48 PM »
Apparently the seated stand holds 400, which was full. There was also lots standing to the side and in front of it and I'd have put the home crowd at 550-600. Boston was more difficult to tell being amongst it but thought it was more than 743, but not much more so no reason to think the figure is wrong. Still a massive turnout given the distance involved.