• View Profile
Re: GAH!
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2010, 11:42:08 PM »
Next batch of pics, more to follow.

Seenbetter

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2010, 11:46:31 PM »
Whose fault was it ?
The ref.  To some extent. Allowed time wasting. Was frightened to death of taking tough decisions, handball in the penalty box near the end. Allowed half a dozen of Marines studs up tackles in the first half. Clearly not up to the job on such an important game.
The managers. They have done us proud this season and they weren't on the pitch playing the game. No criticism from me there.
The players. If one of the players who started today plays on Tuesday I will be dissappointed. No names because no player deliberately plays bad but he hasn't earned a place in the team next week in my humble oppinion.
The pitch. Bloody awful but Marine managed to play on it, but they should, they are used to it.
Mine. Definitely, because about 6 weeks ago I predicted we would finish 3rd and we have. A big sorry to everyone for the kiss of death.
So, on Tuesday we need to get behind the team, clap and cheer them onto the pitch because they will need a big pickmeup to perform after the obvious dissappointment they had on their faces today.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 12:06:34 AM »
Last set of pics for the moment.

ragman

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2010, 12:46:41 AM »
Seeingbetter: We are also getting used to play on this pitch, our manager 0f 33 yrs Roly Howard said it was our 11th man, and he wasnt right, the pitch was hard and defunct of grass, not so now tho', didnt win nothin then, in 2005  the club changed manager, and thats when the club got in a professional ground maintenence team under Alvin McDonald, I believe McDonald refused to play on a sub standard pitch having been used to the facilities of Vauxahll Motors, and was not prepared to risk injuries to his players. Is a lot better than Guiesleys that we won on last week so dont blame the skill if they havent the tools - soo soory mate you were a tad out classed today the same result would have happend if we were playin on the beach!!!! Good luck tuesday hope you get the result you deserve on tuesday  ;)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2010, 09:18:59 AM »
A few more pics.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2010, 10:06:18 AM »
soo soory mate you were a tad out classed today
Hardly think we where outclassed.

Was a dreadful game as Pete B has said, both sides we're very poor and neither looked like scoring. We looked nervous, tired and our usual pressing game didn't happen until the last 10 minutes - even then we failed to create a single scoring opportunity. Marine where no better, time wasting from early on, defending in numbers and hitting us on the break but not really giving Evans a single shot to save. Still we've played like that before e.g. Whitby away was a similar game, at least we managed to get a point today that got us a home game on Tuesday night.

Again as Pete B has said just hope the players can lift themselves after the disappointed as they looked totally devastated. Play-offs are a bit of a lottery and yes we have blown our best chance of going up but 2 of our usual performances and I've no doubt we'll win the play-offs, can the players get over yesterday though?

Congratulations to Guiseley despite a huge wobble have had the belief to come back with 2 big victories to take the title.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2010, 10:39:12 AM »
Another batch of pics, more to follow.

No wonder Rooney wasn't playing for Utd, he was running the line at Marine.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2010, 11:08:22 AM »
Gutted after the game,still gutted this morning.We just never turned up.Don't know if it was the occaision/nerves but we never got going.We all know they are better than that,going forward we have match winners at this level,but it never happened.The "hand ball" late in the game was a stone wall penalty,you can't lift your hands above your head to block the ball and get away with it-except with that ref.Having said that,we deserved no more out of the game than what we got.I really hope i am wrong,but i think that may be our best chance gone.Some of our players were devastated at the end,and were close to tears.The managers face a massive task in lifting them for Tuesday.Now get out there lads and prove me wrong.

P.S.........................still gutted............................................

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2010, 11:37:55 AM »
Very poor game yesterday, dont think we will win the play-offs now with no momentum. Very strange tactics from Marine who seemed delighted with a draw, really pathetic club who had no idea how to cope with a crowd, no support whatsoever.

Only positive about the play-off is that the other team needs to win as well and will surely not defend as much as Marine.

Ben Grant

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2010, 12:34:09 PM »
Very poor game yesterday, dont think we will win the play-offs now with no momentum. Very strange tactics from Marine who seemed delighted with a draw, really pathetic club who had no idea how to cope with a crowd, no support whatsoever.

Only positive about the play-off is that the other team needs to win as well and will surely not defend as much as Marine.

Scott. Sorry, have to disagree with your comments about Marine being a pathetic club, I thought yesterday was handled really well, the facilities made available to us given the segregation in place were more than adequate compared to some places (Retford anyone?) and things like Parking for the coaches etc sorted well in advance. I spoke to a couple of stewards after the game and they were friendly and offered us best wishes for the play offs. Shame it was the result that spoilt our party, it certainly wasnt anyone at Marine...

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2010, 12:42:37 PM »
Dont despair we have the two best managers in the league, they will prepare the players for Tuesday,
What the boys need now, is posititive reaction from the fans and not doom and gloom. We did not turn into a bad team because of one result, we will put it right on Tuesday and finish the job on Saturday. No matter who we play

pilgrim in exile

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2010, 01:09:31 PM »
Iagree this time last year we needed a result against cammel laird to stay in this league , now we are 2 games from getting out. We have been transformed this season and it is up to the managers and especially THE FANS to get us heading back up the leagues.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2010, 01:10:26 PM »
I was thinking more along the lines of the PA coming on the tannoy straight after the final whistle and having the smug cheek attitude to tell us that we were in the play-offs and that Guiseley had won the league, as if we didnt know.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2010, 01:56:54 PM »
This season, after a bad performance the managers have made it clear that the team must play better next match and every time the players have responded. I don't see any reason why it won't be any different this time and we will go on to win Tuesday then again Saturday.

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2010, 03:10:33 PM »
i can only agree with most of the posts on here and can honestly say i am still gutted.yes i think it was a defo penalty and yes i also agree that we did not play no where near as well as we can BUT i found a plus out of not making it yesterday and that is that i always look forward to watchin united  and come tuesday we have another massive match and it is going to be awsome and we will get the result.just think how you are going to feel when the ball is smashed into the goal at the town end.s/h will sort the lads out and they will be up for it anyway...see you all tuesday,and dont forget no one can ever tell us being a pilgrim is boring
"till saturday comes"