Author Topic: Danny Sleath  (Read 2424 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Danny Sleath
« on: April 29, 2010, 07:39:25 PM »
Very impressed with him against NFU.
Dont know what he'd done to deserve the kickings he got.
Twice he was tackled in a "sending off" sort of a way, but each time he got up, didnt moan and just got on with it.
Well done - great attitude. (Prem players take note)

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Danny Sleath
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 07:52:35 PM »
yeah, he did well.

I wasn't convinced by him at the start of the season, but he has become a really important player for us.

Great attitude.

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 08:57:20 PM »
In my schooldays that was the way that we had to play. Our teachers called it the Corinthian Spirit. For many years I have watched the histrionics and tantrums of the so called stars. I believe it started, unfortunately, when we began to play in Europe; particularly when Spurs played in the early sixties and got hammered by "the continental foul" all the time. For so long I have waited for the opportunity to applaud a player for showing that true spirit of the game.

Let me at last say: "Danny Sleath, you are a credit to the game and a true Corinthian."

Seenbetter

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 09:17:11 PM »
For virtually the whole season Boston players have shown terrific restraint and attitude towards terrible physical attacks allowed by the refs on the pitch. If there was and end of season fair play award it would surely be won by Boston. I watched Barcelona v Inter last night, not because I wanted to watch football but because I wanted to see the pathetic "oooh I've been fouled ref" tactics employed by those highly paid load of fairies. If one of them had been tackled the way Sleathy was chopped down it would have taken them a week to get up of the ground.