Author Topic: GAH!  (Read 24013 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GAH!
« on: April 24, 2010, 05:38:28 PM »
Just driving back from crosby now. Gutted doesn't do it justice. We didn't deserve to win that dreadful game but I was desperately hoping we could nick an undeserved goal.... but no. I hope the players will be able to pick themselves up for Tuesday. They looked devastated at the whistle.

I've already warned the other half I'm not going to be great company when I get back....

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: GAH!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 06:27:29 PM »
TIRED . . Tired . .v dry pitch didn't favour our ball players . . MArine tactically spot on . .Our mgmt strangely  quiet on sidelines .

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 06:41:41 PM »
Yeah, desperately poor/boring game. The only highlight for me was having a chat with my favourite ever ex player, John McKenna. He came in for the last ten minutes, saying he would have loved to have been there for the whole game but he had an exam (!) earlier today. A true legend, he was so wanting us to score in those last few minutes.

ragman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 06:48:53 PM »
What happened to you!! Was confident it would be a walk in the park for you today! Dont know what it was, was it nerves? You looked very disjointed, my opinion that was you were trying too hard, therefore, not totally concentrating on what was going on. Think your managers need to tell the players to relax, enjoy the game, get your result, and let your footballing skills do the talking, if you had done that today you would have got it. We were nowhere near our best, couldnt finish, thought our back 4 were woeful, and full credit to our keeper tho' game got very scrappy in extra time, your penalty appeal was way off the mark, and I am just judging this from a neutral point of view as we had nothing to play for. Good luck tuesday, will watch for your result and make me happy! ;)

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 07:16:48 PM »
We  (the fans) turned up for the party but unfortunately the team didn't.

I feel very sorry for the Chairman who was too gutted to speak at the end.

We have now got to do it the hard way, but a good gate on Tuesday night with everyone rallying behind the team could do wonders.

UP THE PILGRIMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PompeyPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 07:38:04 PM »
Just got back from the game; we were't up for it; I hope it was just nerves; what was the attendance in the end I never did catch it.  I still have the faith that we can do it; the champagne is on ice for a little longer.  Up the Pilgrims!

simonp

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 07:52:18 PM »
Dreadful. The ball spent most of the time in the air and the few times we did get hold of it we just looked startled and gave it away.

Really disappointed but agree with other comments - we didn't deserve to win today.

Fingers crossed for a kick up the arse for the playoffs.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 07:57:07 PM »
Attendance was 1367.

Here's the mandatory Scotty shot:

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 08:03:28 PM »
Attendance was 1367.

Here's the mandatory Scotty shot:

1367! Phew blimey was that a thou boston fans then? Good effort. I see the champions only managed 400 at home.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 08:13:21 PM by Lord Cutler Beckett »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

YeadonLion

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 09:39:15 PM »
Having a boat load of fans doesn't really mean you have a devine right to win things does it, look at Newcastle.

Anyways congratulations on reaching the playoffs.

Kinda hope the miniature bradford scum win so we can beat them more next season.

Cheers for the hospitality at your ground though. ;)

WALLY WALLY WALLY oioioi

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 09:44:21 PM »
First batch of pics, more to follow.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 09:55:22 PM »
TIRED . . Tired . .v dry pitch didn't favour our ball players . . MArine tactically spot on . .Our mgmt strangely  quiet on sidelines .

Verry untrue, That johnsons board behind them took about 5 beatings from rob, and some harsh vocals was getting shouted

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 09:58:13 PM »
Having a boat load of fans doesn't really mean you have a devine right to win things does it, look at Newcastle.

Anyways congratulations on reaching the playoffs.

Kinda hope the miniature bradford scum win so we can beat them more next season.

Cheers for the hospitality at your ground though. ;)

WALLY WALLY WALLY oioioi

Didn't understand most of that but no one mentioned devine right, just that it was a bloody good turnout for the other side of the country.

So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

YeadonLion

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 10:11:28 PM »
No one's saying that it wasn't. But the way you metiioned our attendance made it sound like you deserved it because you had the most fans.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 10:21:00 PM »
Another batch of pics, more to follow.