Author Topic: Wimbledon  (Read 7015 times)

qwerty

• View Profile
Wimbledon
« on: July 01, 2009, 05:39:43 PM »
Just watched Murray steam roller Ferrero to go into the semis and the mainia is certainly starting now. It surprises me how many people that no nothing about tennis have become experts!!

Can he win the tournament? I say maybe.

Will he win the tournament? I say NO.

I'm sure he'll lose to Federer in the final.

Opinions

Steviemas

• View Profile
Re: Wimbledon
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 05:47:10 PM »
 Well I for one hope the characterless, arrogant Scottish(urgh!) B'stard loses, would like to see Hewitt in the final. ;D

Stumpie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 06:24:41 PM »
I wanted that peter colt fella to win :(

bufc4life

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 11:32:12 PM »
I hate the person which may be harsh but can't stand him and he isn't and don't think will ever be in the same league of the likes of federer and nadal.

Seenbetter

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 08:16:54 AM »
Tim Henman always was a 'Nearly Was' player. Never had that bit of magic that was going to make him a champion. Murray is a far better player and will go further in the game. Whether he is good enough to win this year, I don't think he is, but It would be great to see a brit do it. It's unfortunate though that England has to kidnap Scot, Welsh or Irish success stories and cover them under the Brit umberella so that we have someone to call our own. Hope he wins.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 05:37:29 PM »
Tim Henman always was a 'Nearly Was' player.

I feel sorry for poor old Timbo. At one time he was ranked 4th in the world which means there was only 3 players beter than him on the planet. Yet he gets tagged "loser" or "nearly man"

Seenbetter

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 07:19:14 PM »
Sorry if I offended you HMN2P but there were always 2 or 3 players better than him and I think he had reached the upper limit of his ability. I don't think he was a "loser" because he actually made a good living out of the game but when I call him a nearly man thats referring to him not winning big titles on a regular basis like other great players were doing. I do think Murray will improve and soon win Wimbledon but I wouldn't rank him among a list of great players yet.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 07:36:06 PM »
you didnt offend me lol!
in any non team sport there is generally some special players/riders but Timbo had Federer who is extra special so you had to avoid him in the early rounds simply to be runner up!
Did you see the Moto GP a couple of weeks ago when Rossi did Lorenzo on the final corner? Rossi is extra special!
I guess in golf you had Woods and in F1 Schumacher. They all had loads of people regularly finish behind them who never got tagged "loser".  I think it must be a British thing :)

barmyarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 10:09:13 PM »
hope murray doesnt win
if he does he will say he done it for scotland
and that he has nothing to do with england

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 10:31:52 PM »
so what?

JPR Williams

• We stand for everything and fall for nothing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2009, 04:28:24 PM »
I don't think Murray will win this year, or make the final. I think he'll lose his semi, and it'll be a Federer v Roddick final, and Fed to win in 3.

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2009, 05:31:43 PM »
I don't think Murray will win this year, or make the final. I think he'll lose his semi, and it'll be a Federer v Roddick final, and Fed to win in 3.

yes i think that might well be the case as the semi was yesterday