Author Topic: An absolute disgrace if true regarding BBC Radio LINCOLNshire's coverage on sat  (Read 8875 times)

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
26 on Boxing Day? 

I'd stick with superior.

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Well said MNH

cappo

• View Profile
the famous 26 comes to mind  :(
"till saturday comes"

Fairfax

• View Profile
I'm sure that all Trinity fans will be very welcome at York Street next season.

A few thoughts on fan rivalry.     I am also a Norwich fan and as such was indoctrinated to hate Ipswich and wished to see them blasted out of existence. Eventually as I achieved a degree of maturity, I realised that without them I would have to find some other club to hate, and as I didn't fancy that I now wish them well so that they will be there for us to beat in the future.

When I was a lad, the true Boston rivalry was with Peterborough United, but how many of us give them much thought now? (Although I really enjoyed beating them at York Street in the League.) Lincoln was a club up the road that we never bothered with, and Gainsborough didn't exist in our sphere, except when we knocked them out of the FA Cup in our first Southern League Season.

Times change and rivalries come and go. We have all enjoyed Poojah and his postings, so do we really hate Grimsby Town? At the end of the day we all want the same thing - great entertainment and our team to win, but let's not begrudge the other fans of the beautiful game.

Whenever I attend a game I always make a point of shaking the hand of at least one opposing supporter. I have done this over the years in every competition from the Premier League down to local Cub Scout Football, and even the European Cup (accompanying Forest fans against Ajax and Cologne) and UEFA Cup (Bayern and Inter fans). I also made a few new friends (and another club to follow) when we were promoted at Dorchester Town a few seasons back. I have taken an interest in Dorchester since and have noticed that their fans have been supportive of Weymouth during their recent crisis (and that rivalry is as strong as any - Weymouth fans call Dorchester dirty Northern B*****ds).

It's our lot to suffer (a lot) and occasionally as now (Boston and Norwich) to wallow in the glory. Let's all enjoy it and think a little before we get too worked up against supporters of other clubs.

What we saw on the pitch last Saturday was the true spirit of football - not just non-league but supporting at its best. True respect to all who travel in support of their team. And hopefully we have not lost the warm feeling that we had for King's Lynn.

Good luck to Lincoln City and Gainsborough Trinity on Saturday, and an ease to Poojah's suffering, which is real for all of his humour. May the god of football shine down on us all.

timo35

• View Profile
that last post , . .. Wow . ! But very true well said very well put . I want to cry .

LPRA

• View Profile
that last post , . .. Wow . ! But very true well said very well put . I want to cry .

How about a pint of man the feck up?  ;)

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
Was thinking the same MNH