Author Topic: An absolute disgrace if true regarding BBC Radio LINCOLNshire's coverage on sat  (Read 8891 times)

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
A league title can be won on saturday and we are only going to get updates. Lincoln's season is over yet we will have to put up with that dross. My wife is working sat otherwise I would at the game myself, I thought that atleast Radio LINCOLNshire would cover the game with a Full match commentary but apparently not. I think we should all F8CK Radio LINCOLNshire off!

Link here http://www.bufc.co.uk/article/3219167/All-day-opening-for-title-decider

disgusting.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
 It doesn't surprise me at all,as you say Linscum are playing out the season but they still go to them for commentary and I guess we will follow Gainsborough's reports too..

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
I would even go as far to say that some lincoln fans would rather listen to the Boston game than the Lincoln game in this instance. Its like when Gainsboro played in the fa cup I quite like listening to the commentary until the contest is over (which is normally after about 20 mins).

Going back to my first post. Boo!!!!! >:(

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
Entirely predictable but still hugely disapointing.

stevie blue

• View Profile
It doesn't surprise me at all,as you say Linscum are playing out the season but they still go to them for commentary and I guess we will follow Gainsborough's reports too..
Count yourself lucky I got mondays Lincs Echo expecting a report on Trinity's match at Stafford only to be disappointed.But you being a Boston fan got a full report and photographs.In the north of the county most fans have given up on what they call the "BOSTON ECHO". 

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
I think we should all F8CK Radio LINCOLNshire off!

I thought we all had? BBC sports coverage has always been about gold digging.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
Count yourself lucky I got mondays Lincs Echo expecting a report on Trinity's match at Stafford only to be disappointed.But you being a Boston fan got a full report and photographs.In the north of the county most fans have given up on what they call the "BOSTON ECHO". 

Very fair point. I appreciate that Gainsboro are above us in the league paramid but we have got far more superior fan base and I guess the paper takes this into consideration. I know that could be argued with the radio coverage with Boston having a smaller fan base than lincoln but surely the occasion on sat at Marine is far more important than a lincoln end of season game and now an end of season game for Gainsborough too, Which I guess you must be pleased about because it was looking very bad for you guys after the Harrogate 6 odd weeks back.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Scott Dalton has just twittered:  Contrary to incorrect speculation elsewhere, BBC Lincolnshire IS doing full commentary of Boston United's game at Marine.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
What is his twitter name/tag/thingy-whatsit

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
Get in!!!!!!! Sorry Scott I take it all back.

Richie..p is a very happy man again now.

Thanks for clearing that up Ken.

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
Thanks fellas!

stevie blue

• View Profile

Very fair point. I appreciate that Gainsboro are above us in the league paramid but we have got far more superior fan base and I guess the paper takes this into consideration. I know that could be argued with the radio coverage with Boston having a smaller fan base than lincoln but surely the occasion on sat at Marine is far more important than a lincoln end of season game and now an end of season game for Gainsborough too, Which I guess you must be pleased about because it was looking very bad for you guys after the Harrogate 6 odd weeks back.
OK you have a Bigger fan base but I wouldn't say you've got a "superior" fan base( Meaning: One of greater rank or station or quality) A fan is a fan whoever they support which should make us all equal!That said the Echo should have a re think.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

OK you have a Bigger fan base but I wouldn't say you've got a "superior" fan base( Meaning: One of greater rank or station or quality) A fan is a fan whoever they support which should make us all equal!That said the Echo should have a re think.

I think numbers would have been a better word