Author Topic: Tonight...  (Read 11572 times)

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight...
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 09:44:40 PM »
More watching the Patter :D
128 last count
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 09:49:52 PM by Bunyan »

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2010, 09:53:57 PM »

From our winning the League point of view, if we don't go up Saturday,  we'd have to go and win two games outright against arguably better sides anyway.  I guess Saturday will see whether or not we have the bottle to do that.  It's going to be bloody tense I know that!  I thought it was bad watching the Retford game on United Live!
[/quote]

Why are they better than us? The table doesn't lie!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2010, 10:24:18 PM »

From our winning the League point of view, if we don't go up Saturday,  we'd have to go and win two games outright against arguably better sides anyway.  I guess Saturday will see whether or not we have the bottle to do that.  It's going to be bloody tense I know that!  I thought it was bad watching the Retford game on United Live!

Can't be sure but I think Maxross meant the sides in the playoffs are better than Marine.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2010, 10:36:45 PM »
We've known since Saturday that a win Saturday =we win the league.Nothing about tonights results has changed that.It's still in our hands.Having said that i'm already more nervous than i was in the week before Hayes,and there's still three days to go.........................

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2010, 11:20:02 PM »

Can't be sure but I think Maxross meant the sides in the playoffs are better than Marine.

I've just read it back to myself and I can see I wasn't overly clear! Woad is correct, I was trying to say that our likely opponents in any play-off are going to be arguably a more difficult proposition than Marine(not taking anything away from them).  Carl, I agree the table doesn't lie and I think it's pretty obvious now that we are the best team in the League, let's just hope the players can hold their nerve.  If they do I can see us doing very well again next year if we keep this squad together.

Maybe the way results have gone is the best thing that could've happened though, as at least now there's no room for complacency to sneak in on saturday and we have something akin to a cup final situation, where all we have to do is win this one game to lift the league trophy.  I think a few weeks ago none of us dared even dream of a situation like this so we have got to be very happy to be sitting as we are with our fate in our own hands. 

I don't know what others think, but I reckon even if we totally throw away the league and play-offs now, we should try and extend Scott & Hursts contracts.  I know they've still got another year to run but it shows faith and breeds stability. 

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2010, 06:57:56 AM »
dazzybabie:
cant believe i have spent all night watching non league vidiprinter only for guisely to win. Thats an evening i wont get back. Grrrrrr

You think that's bad... I sat in front of teletext screen when boston played yeovil (it was only game on screen) when clare popped up in 87 minute to win- was good though!