Author Topic: long drive  (Read 5104 times)

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
long drive
« on: April 19, 2010, 09:18:01 PM »
Does anyone think the team should travel up on friday nite and stay local to the ground?. I think we suffered from the long trip to whitby afew weeks back playing poorly after a long drive. Ps congrats to shaun on his awards well deserved.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
Re: long drive
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 09:20:08 PM »
The Whitby game was midweek which might have had a influence on the outcome.

I think they should try and teach this game as they have any other this season.

wend

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 09:39:31 PM »
Talking about a long drive-any clues how we can get Mr Vice chairman's family back from Cyprus in time for game on Sat???? Gutted we missed FCUM game-not the same via internet!

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 10:20:37 PM »
Well flights in some UK airports should resume tomorrow so here's hoping four days will be plenty long enough to get back!

There are 8-10 day backlogs from a lot of destinations so don't count on it !

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 10:29:43 PM »
Talking about a long drive-any clues how we can get Mr Vice chairman's family back from Cyprus in time for game on Sat???? Gutted we missed FCUM game-not the same via internet!

You don't catch David Newton stranded overseas due to a freak volcanic event, do you?

Dave is the man.

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 10:38:18 PM »
Well flights in some UK airports should resume tomorrow so here's hoping four days will be plenty long enough to get back!

not if this "new ash cloud" is heading over here too

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 10:41:59 PM »

You don't catch David Newton stranded overseas due to a freak volcanic event, do you?

Dave is the man.

I bet Dave is also gasping for a brew.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 10:47:07 PM »
The pitch seemed a bit bobbly when we strolled on it on Saturday. Almost as if some bugger hadn't been around to roll it...

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 12:56:29 AM »
Just worked out a perfect recovery plan to this situation whilst sitting bored in the USA.  I try and wangle a flight into Manchester overnight Friday, rent a car and drive to Marine (with the family in tow) and the head back down south with a happy ending  ;D

I live in hope.

Seenbetter

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 09:12:45 AM »
Hi Wend. Its your neighbour from No33 youknowwhere. Hope you get back for the game. perhaps Mick Dawson will fetch you in his rowing boat. Seriously though, if you are going to get back in time can you bring me a big cigar to celebrate with after the game. If they only come in packs of 5 I don't mind. They are a lot cheaper than in this country and I will re-imburse you. Shame you missed the game with FCUM.