Author Topic: IMPORTANT - MARINE TRAVEL  (Read 45061 times)

Czuczmans Rocket

• View Profile
Re: IMPORTANT - MARINE TRAVEL
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2010, 05:53:43 PM »
Just about to book my train from Brighton where i'm now living, £82 return which isn't too bad i suppose. I leave at just past 7am and get back down here after 1am the following morning. All this will be well worth it if we come good on the day and get that vital win. I can't remember being this excited/nervous before Hayes or Wembley. I think we've all suffered enough in the past few years and i would love us to get out this league and give us all something to shout about once again. COME ON YOU PILGRIMS!!!!!

ragman

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2010, 07:07:57 PM »
For any of you that plan to stay and make a weekend of it, the alternative to Liverpool City Centre is our local area Crosbwww.sugarvine.com/liverpool/neighbourhood.../story.asp?...y Village has many bars to enjoy, or if you want a really good range of different foods try South Road, this link provides some details of eating places, however there are more than included, Indian, Tapas, Burger Bars, Pizza places, pubs etc., cant go wrong. Enjoy.  ;)

jimmystars

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2010, 08:46:23 PM »
How big is the car park at the leisure centre and how long parking can you get?

ragman

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2010, 09:02:47 PM »
Jimmystars, the parking is all along the waterfront in designated areas from Seaforth to Blundellsands coastguard station. The carpark at the Leisure centre is free all day you can park in all the surrounding roads as well unlimited, think this is probably your best bet mate.

However, there is parking in Brook Road East about 100yrds before you get to the ground. It is free from double yellows, and a bit nearer than the seafront.  Brook Road East is the second left after the Park on College Road. If you pass the petrol station on the left you have gone past it.  ;)

« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 09:09:24 PM by ragman »

Tamara

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2010, 09:04:51 PM »
Ragman.. We are staying over on Sat night, is there anywhere you can recommend we go on the Sunday with a 7 year old?

ragman

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2010, 09:21:42 PM »
Tamara, there is loads to do. In Crosby we have a great walk along the beach if weather prevails! with the display of "Another Place" by Anthony Gormley Iron Men Statues. Short by car/merseyrail into Liverpool City Centre, can recomend the Albert Dock, loads of stuff going on there every weekend,  Liverpool One, Pier Head to get a ferry across the Mersey, there are also the Duck Tours, around the city centre ending up literally in the River Mersey, but think you might have to book that one, liverpool Museaum and Art Gallery in William Brown St., City Centre. In the other direction, there is Southport, a typical British seaside town, which has a large park called Hesketh Park, ducks, avery, all sorts of kids attractions, dont know if the Funfair is open just yet worth checking out.  Feel like a tourist guide!! Hope it helps. Let me know how you enjoyed yourselves.

Tamara

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2010, 09:26:01 PM »
Thanks very much for that Ragman it looks like there is plenty to do.
Will probably avoid Southport as we live next to the Coast.
I am really excited about Saturday, I'm sure it will be a great day. I am looking forward to being part of your community day.

jimmystars

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2010, 09:35:23 PM »
Many thanks Ragman

ragman

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2010, 09:52:49 PM »
Jimmystars, no problem mate. Tamara, if there is anything going on that  I think might interest you, will post a link on the forum tomorow night,  if not just go with the info given.

Tamara

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2010, 09:54:10 PM »
Thanks very much Ragman

ragman

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2010, 11:42:26 PM »
Tawww.liverpool.com/ - Cached - Similar   tamara, if I missed somthin out this maybe of help  ;)
somehow when a link is posted on this forum it doesnt quite appear how it should for some reason, if you hit probs in access let me know, I will try another link.