Author Topic: IMPORTANT - MARINE TRAVEL  (Read 45064 times)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: IMPORTANT - MARINE TRAVEL
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2010, 02:25:12 PM »
I was merely answering what was stated,wasn't intended as having a go,there will always be those who only watch the team on 'special' occasions was all I was saying..

I agree it is a superb gesture from the club,my comments were not aimed at them merely at those who Jan said thought they had the god given right to be on the buses..........

freiston fan

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2010, 02:36:48 PM »
Fair play

The President

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2010, 04:03:32 PM »
Update from me!!! Had asked the Club to have 10-15 seats held back for me! Hasn't really happened :( May have 3 at best to offer!!! Maureen has a couple of folks not come back to her and she's keeping them for me :) Know wez has managed to get sorted hope rest of you have too.

Cheers Jan BUSA

uttoxeter pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2010, 04:05:56 PM »
Any chance of any more buses running Jan

The President

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2010, 04:28:39 PM »
Don't think so up read my comment on the other thread.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2010, 05:27:14 PM »
Many others staying overnight in Scouseland? Might be a massive party... ;D

aye

aye aye

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2010, 08:39:58 PM »
The genrosity of David and Neil never fails to amaze me. Proping the club up financially, putting many hours work for probably no return, giving the club it's good name back, putting it back in the community and getting 2 of the best young managers at this level and probably the level above If they see you at a game they come and have a chat unlike any previous owners of the club - the list goes on. Not satisfied with this they now put on 5 free coaches!! I know they don't like the limelight but hope everyone shows there appreciation on Saturday.

ragman

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2010, 12:02:40 PM »
Really looking forward to your visit to us on saturday should be a great day, weather forecast is good for us as well. Just one point on the parking situation, College Road is a busy shopping street, and is always conjested on a Saturday with shoppers. It might be better for you to park on the seafront next to Crosby Leasure Centre, large carpark, think thats where your coaches are going.  Seafront is about a 5 min walk from the ground, plenty of places to grab a bite to eat, there is a pub just next to the ground although its quite small, but you will be able to watch some footy. Dont be tempted to park on College Road, the traffic wardens are a nightmare!! See you all Saturday and good luck, I hope you do it Boston!! ;D

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2010, 12:11:23 PM »
Thanks for the info ragman. I know we're being segregated but can you show us a pic of which stand we'll be in please ?
Many thanks.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2010, 12:19:09 PM »
Think Spayne Road, but smaller.. runs the whole length of the pitch, but not as many steps. Also an open terrace behind one goal...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2010, 12:50:09 PM »
http:// http://www.nonleaguegrounds.fotopic.net/p62050048.html

Try this link for pics of Marines ground, appears to be just 3 sides to it, hope the link works as have not done it before!

Think we have the terrace (open) behind the goal and the covered terrace along the sidelines.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2010, 12:53:53 PM »
Thanks pilgrim 86 and beefy. The link worked fine ! Lets hope it's a lovely sunny day for the open terrace, if it is I can put the Lincolnshire flag up that end. If it rains it'll be a devil to get dried lol.

goodyntu

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2010, 01:05:04 PM »
not to put a jinx on the weather, but the forcasts for marine on saturday is sunny, with a maximum temp of 16oC, so should be fine for the open terrace

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2010, 04:10:22 PM »
Just looked at the pics of the sides.

Don't they know that Bostonians are officially the porkiest lard buckets in the country, let alone the Unidump?