Author Topic: IMPORTANT - MARINE TRAVEL  (Read 45060 times)

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
Re: IMPORTANT - MARINE TRAVEL
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2010, 09:50:19 PM »
I'm sure if everyone on here who had spare seats offered up places (for a bit of petrol money of course!) we could get quite a few more sorted.

I'm full up from Leeds and i'm only going one way!

Tamara

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2010, 09:52:23 PM »
We would have had 2 seats spare but we are staying over on Sat night

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2010, 10:01:24 PM »
Theres 6 of us at mo and 8 seats. be leaving town at 9 and comming home the after the game.think if we all filled our empty seats it would just about accomadate everyone.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2010, 10:12:35 PM »
May need 2 seats from spilsby if anyones going from near there, that depends on wether my lift now gets of work

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2010, 10:39:56 PM »
Many others staying overnight in Scouseland? Might be a massive party... ;D

aye

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2010, 10:51:02 PM »
You're thinking small.  ;)

When Boston played at Derby in the FA Cup in 1974 the Boston fans travelled over in 70 coaches and a football special train. When I was going back to Leeds on Saturday night there was a chartered train heading towards Skegness from Oxford as I passed through Sleaford....

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2010, 11:31:11 PM »
I'm getting the 8.45 from Cardiff to Brum with a 15 min change to get the 11.01 from brum to Liverpool south parkway and then a brief change to get the 12.39 to blundellaands.

Getting the 6.37 back and there are later trains down south too, getting in at 12.15

Long day but hopefully well worth it.

If anyone sees me, I'll be one in a badly fitting 06/07 shirt so feel free to say hi

freiston fan

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2010, 11:35:17 PM »
Ist pub mini bus get in.Fifteen from the Red Cow at Fishtoft, may have one spare seat, drinkers prefered.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2010, 12:16:55 AM »
Good work CP . . think it will be a bit  of a squeeze at College Rd cum Sat . .

The President

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2010, 01:21:21 AM »
Hi all Jan from BUSA here.
Apologies this might be a long post :(
Firstly can I first say I am still gobsmacked by the unbelievably generous offer from David/the Club to offer these free coaches.
Secondly please don't shoot/hang me if it doesn't happen but there may yet be another coach laid on!! Without going into details we have been chatting with the club and I am waiting to hear(obviously will be Tuesday daytime now) if it comes off.
If a 5th coach does run then it will be the club rather than BUSA that you need to book with in the first instance though I am hoping some seats will be reserved for 'me' as I am aware from reading on here that some of you are having problems/just missing out.
It is not a pre-requisite for you to attend the office with your money to book on, you can book by phone to get your name on the list and then bring/ send the money with someone before Friday.
If getting in touch is a problem send me a message on here via The President and I will do what I can afraid I will need your real surname though!

Think asking people to pay for any more coaches rather than free is a tricky one and though I, like a lot of folk on here would have no objection to trumping up a few quid to get there not everyone would and would certainly gripe about it!!!'Fraid the Club set a precedent that would be difficult to alter. Spent a couple of hours in the office this morning and it is amazing the number of people who never normally go to an away game thought they should/deserved to be made a special case of because they decided they would like to go to this one!!!!

As some one else suggested if a couple of you got together and rang round coach companies maybe a Patter Party to Marine could be organised for those who don't mind paying.

Think that's all for now folks  xxxxx

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2010, 11:13:06 AM »
In answer to Jan's point about people jumping on the bandwagon.....in hindsight, perhaps a farer solution would have been to use a spare season ticket voucher as payment for the coaches?

Others have suggested surrendering your deposit for the STPF.....can I suggest that everyone does that and then gives a little bit more to reflect the level of the freebie you are getting?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2010, 11:18:23 AM »
Surrender your fiver.. and have a bucket collection on each bus, and at the ground?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2010, 11:41:51 AM »
We have always had bandwagon jumpers,where did all those fans who filled 11 train carriages for the trip to Tranmere disappear to the week after??Where did all those at Wembley vanish too??Where did all those at Hayes disappear too??

Always happened always will,every club has them...

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2010, 12:16:22 PM »
FIFTH BUS RUNNING.. RING NOW!!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

freiston fan

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2010, 02:22:35 PM »
Neil, get in the spriit it will be a great day.Some people who have fallen on tough times in recent years may not have had the financial clout to follow the team they support.So when the club make a fantatsic gesture its a gesture to all fans.

We are hiring a fifteen seat mininbus,by doing so it means fifteen people get subsidised travel,but we dont mind.More the merrier.