Author Topic: IMPORTANT - MARINE TRAVEL  (Read 45051 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: IMPORTANT - MARINE TRAVEL
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2010, 05:38:50 PM »
I've just got my train ticket booked from Cardiff, getting into Crosby at just after 1.  Is anyone else training it and getting in around then?

Is there any good alehouses in the vicinity of the ground/town for pre match nerve quelling?

I might be getting the Train from London n Back and arriving about then if I get me arse in gear and book it tonight.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2010, 06:12:59 PM »
Where have all these people come from!,
looks like a weekend at home for me then

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2010, 06:36:48 PM »
Well if anyone sorts out another bus I hope they post on here as I am sure we could fill several more coaches with paying places.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2010, 06:39:13 PM »
Me and the lad wanted to go but living and working in Sleaford it was going to be difficult getting over with the money so we missed out  :(

Train will cost £70 for us and to take the car will cost about £60 so looks like it will be United Live for us  :(

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2010, 06:39:55 PM »
Well if anyone sorts out another bus I hope they post on here as I am sure we could fill several more coaches with paying places.

I cant see anymore free coaches been put on as its just to costly,
Did think about it with van from work (8 seater)but even at this it would still cost around 80 to 100 pound to run.

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2010, 06:45:29 PM »
Cardiff Pilgrim, I'm hoping to head up from Bristol, whats the train journey like?  If not the train I think I'm going to drive, but it sounds like a ball ache for parking etc.

I would have thought if enough people contacted the club wanting to pay the going rate for bus travel then they would be prepared to organise it, guess it's worth a try anyway.  The more people there the better from everyones point of view!  Even Marine as it should be a nice little pay day.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2010, 06:48:41 PM »
what is the going rate?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2010, 06:48:57 PM »
Should be making it down  from Birkdale with my ladyfriend  ..
 As she lived and taught in Crosby for many years she has a knowledge of the area ..
   She rates the 'Crows Nest 'as a small and cliquey pub .. but maybe a couple of hundred Utd fans will change all that  ..
    Parking looks v dodgy   . .  early arivals may care to take in the Gormley iron men in the sea North of Crosby . . again parking v difficult  . .
    Would hope the surrounding vibes are as inofensive as say Hayes those years ago . . but this being Liverpool on a Sat afternoon be prepared .
  If the sight of the Boston crowd  outside the ground is only half that at Hayes ..the tears will still well up
     fT

uttoxeter pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2010, 07:02:55 PM »
I will be heading over on the train with the other half across to crosby anybody know how far the ground is from the station.

And on the subject of buses im sure the club would surely at least take names for another if people agreed to pay whatever the usual price is these days when i was back in boston it used to be members and non members prices but that was a few years ago

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2010, 07:04:43 PM »
The rail service Liverpool Central  to  Blundellsands and Crosby is excellent ..every 15 mins ..
 Wouldn,t guess the hopes of getting South beyond say Brum by rail on the Sat night .
  Fans going to say Preston and Yorks may have a better journey going north to Southort ..then change at Wigan .
  -------GROUND is about 1/2  mile up COLLEGE RD from Crosby Stn ----------
      Best wishes to those travelling by rail . . its a  lonely way to travel . . compared the sixty at a time .. heart to heart Coach .. esp this time .
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 07:17:55 PM by father Ted »

Tomgraves

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2010, 08:01:39 PM »
Maybe We could afford another two coaches, id be happy to pay, if it means being at the game, they would get the cost of the coaches back with the fans paying, We havent had the greatest of times recently with relagation etc, But promotion fever has got the town gripped :) WE ARE GOING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2010, 08:02:44 PM »
The pubs in town used to get buses organised a few years ago,surprised they haven't this time....

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2010, 08:06:13 PM »
So what would people be prepared to pay to get there.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2010, 08:06:56 PM »
So what would people be prepared to pay to get there.

Name your price  ;D :D

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2010, 08:11:17 PM »
Fantastic gesture from the club/Chestnuts/BUSA - glad I've managed to take advantage of it! Think letting the club keep the fiver is the least we can do really.

Have to say though find it astonishing they don't expect to put any more official transport on. It looks like they could at least fill up a couple more even if people had to pay. Obviously there have to be limits on what they give away for nothing and I suppose they don't want to charge some but not others...