Author Topic: Today vs FCUM  (Read 15176 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today vs FCUM
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2010, 08:27:05 AM »
what happened at the end with the fans? I heard someone comment when we were stood waiting for the presentations. Hope it didn't ruin an otherwise perfect day.

It was weird, suddenly everyone on the pitch raced down to the FCUM end and I thought for a moment it was all going to inexplicably kick off, then a few Boston fans started clapping the FCUM fans, who responded with applause of thier own. I turned to Johnny and said "This is one giant love in"... only for a couple of utter knobbers to try and make a break for the Town End. They were taken away by stewards, and then another tossbag was arrested by a policeman and led away down the Spayne Road terrace, copping some deserved abuse from Boston fans in the process.

Despite that, it was overwhelmingly good natured, give or take the odd wannabe - no harm done methinks.

Snake Plissken

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2010, 09:51:22 AM »
Great day at yours , despite the result.
Respect to your stewards who handled things very well re the young uns with smoke flares etc.
A couple of prize plums amongst your fans who could have spoilt was was a great advert for non league football. I was told they were Darlington fans FFS.  good to know they were stupid infiltrators just out for a look at me moment.
Great ground and everyone of yours that we met were a good laugh with us.
Good luck with whats left of the season.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2010, 10:03:07 AM »
Respect to your stewards who handled things very well re the young uns with smoke flares etc.
A couple of prize plums amongst your fans who could have spoilt was was a great advert for non league football. I was told they were Darlington fans FFS.  good to know they were stupid infiltrators just out for a look at me moment.

I think it makes us look good mate the fact we are both that special we need to be visited by Darlington and lincoln city,Everythink was fantastic exept the flares, played on my wifes asthma a few times,But yes apart from a few prize idiots from both fans(but your always gonna get that with healthy support)fantastic day

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2010, 01:38:56 PM »
A few more pics:

goodyntu

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2010, 07:29:09 PM »
A few more pics:

Going in for the kill?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2010, 11:40:55 PM »
Pete B the idiot was the same person who threatened the poor old Bradford fan last season

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2010, 12:16:00 AM »
Pete B the idiot was the same person who threatened the poor old Bradford fan last season

What a fcukwit.

yellowcoat

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2010, 07:10:57 AM »

Respect for your stewards - thanks for that it is great to get some praise for a change.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2010, 07:53:33 AM »
Here's match footage of yesterday's game, including Canoville's corker and the pitch invasion:

Boston United v FCUM Highlights

Do we need a whip round for a new microphone, sounds like it broke since the second went in against Guiseley?  ;D
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2010, 10:59:06 AM »
Here's match footage of yesterday's game, including Canoville's corker and the pitch invasion:

Boston United v FCUM Highlights

What a goal!

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2010, 08:54:46 PM »
Its a shame that Crossroads is no longer on TV - your wobbly camera technique would have been a perfect match for their wobbly sets.

Seriously though, all credit and thanks to you for your efforts.