Author Topic: Tinpot league currently in process of being pissed on  (Read 6693 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Tinpot league currently in process of being pissed on
« on: April 14, 2010, 10:20:18 PM »
Thank you, and good night. That was a quality result against admittedly limited opposition. It was obvious from about the 21st second we were in for a relatively easy ride, but that shouldn't detract from a top performance. And a mini-brawl too... £8 quid well spent.

I'm starting to get a little excited now. Roll on Saturday.

Well done Boston!

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tinpot league currently in process of being pissed on
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 10:23:41 PM »
So you got to actually see Boston win?  ;D

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 10:38:48 PM »
well done lads - keep it going - roll on Satd'y!!!!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 10:42:27 PM »
So you got to actually see Boston win?  ;D

As we firmly established this evening Ken, the jinx is dead and buried! And it was never that much of a jinx anyway, as I saw us win at FC United last August....

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 10:35:57 AM »
Thank you, and good night. That was a quality result against admittedly limited opposition. It was obvious from about the 21st second we were in for a relatively easy ride, but that shouldn't detract from a top performance. And a mini-brawl too... £8 quid well spent.

I'm starting to get a little excited now. Roll on Saturday.

Well done Boston!

Took you as long as the 21st second to realise!! Or was you just being kind  ;)

Although you were clearly the better side and in total control the second goal on the stroke of half time knocked what little "stuffing" we had out of us. Until that point we lived in hope that we might just sneak an equaliser in the second half. Unfortunately not to be.

It was a good job you eased back after the 4th went in otherwise it could have been much worse for us. There was one team playing with confidence challenging for the title, one playing with no confidence struggling against relegation and it showed!

Good luck for the rest of the season. I have seen you and all the other teams in the play-off positions at least twice (some including yourselves more), and based on those games for me you are the best team in this league and would be deserved winners if you do go on to win the league.

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 12:47:24 PM »
Tinpot league currently being pissed on? your top on goal difference not really pissing it are you? but congrats hope you do go up your fans deserve it

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 01:07:15 PM »
Good summing up of the game FT. Personally thought we dominated until we scored our first (which IMO was offside), after that you came into the game and had a couple of chances. If the game had stayed at 1-0 I think we would of got more and more tense, however as you say the second goal was the killer right on h-t. Second half we got a quick couple of goals then decided to take it easy and conserve energy for Sat. Personally think you're alright going forward but defensively you where shocking last night. Good luck in the relegation battle we know all about that from last year...

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 01:11:30 PM »
We may well call this Lge "Tinpot" but the fans certainly are not. The visitors to this board on the whole are very fair minded Especially fcum_91 & Finchley Tiger and I for one would  hope if we do get promoted that they will still visit the site in the future.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 01:33:52 PM »
We may well call this Lge "Tinpot" but the fans certainly are not. The visitors to this board on the whole are very fair minded Especially fcum_91 & Finchley Tiger and I for one would  hope if we do get promoted that they will still visit the site in the future.

Don't you worry your not getting rid of me that easy  ;)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 01:42:28 PM »
Tinpot league currently being pissed on? your top on goal difference not really pissing it are you?
WOOSH!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 03:25:46 PM »
Tinpot league currently being pissed on? your top on goal difference not really pissing it are you?
WOOSH!

yeah but what a fabulous goal difference it is
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 06:03:12 PM »
If SWD had joined us at the start of the season instead of October then we may well have had this league wrapped up by now, 20 goals in just 25 games says it all.

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 08:42:03 PM »
Good summing up of the game FT. Personally thought we dominated until we scored our first (which IMO was offside), after that you came into the game and had a couple of chances. If the game had stayed at 1-0 I think we would of got more and more tense, however as you say the second goal was the killer right on h-t. Second half we got a quick couple of goals then decided to take it easy and conserve energy for Sat. Personally think you're alright going forward but defensively you where shocking last night. Good luck in the relegation battle we know all about that from last year...

I was sat up in the stands roughly in line with the penalty spot so had a good view of it, but in my opinion and the half a dozen Worksop fans sat with me (including the parents of one of the players) all immediately said ONSIDE. Some Worksop fans sat about 3 or 4 yards to my right, close to the press area thought it was offside. But from where I was sat a perfectly good goal.

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 08:43:12 PM »

Don't you worry your not getting rid of me that easy  ;)

Nor me!  :D