Author Topic: the mangers  (Read 8260 times)

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
Re: the mangers
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 09:55:21 AM »
I couldn't agree more Leicester Pilgrim.

Ilson's ground is one of the best in the league and as for the pitch that is in superb condition considering the winter we have had and two teams are playing on it.

When we finally get back into Worksop I would be delighted with such a facility. 

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 10:14:22 AM »
Well i certainly could see nothing wrong in the facilities at Ilkeston,and like others,thought the pitch was very good given the number of games played on it.Finchley,it's clear the Worksop team are struggling,i thought they looked like a side who couldn't wait for the season to end.I hope things turn round for you.I'm old enough to remember the "old" Northern Premier League when Worksop had some decent sides.We have had some excellent players who have represented both clubs,such as Ronnie Reid,Dave Poplar,Paul Cavell and Martin Hardy to name just a few.No doubt the biggest hurdle for Worksop is finding a home back in Worksop.I hope you are successful sooner rather than later.

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 11:11:07 AM »
Thanks O CHO MEALLT. I just hope Stocksbridge put us out of our misery on Saturday and beat Ossett, giving us a stress free last week of the season. I have no confidence in getting the result we need at Ferriby!

I'm also old enough to remember the players you mention, happy memories. In fact I went to school with Cav. Another old player to mention would be my favourite Tigers keeper of all time Paul Evans (I think he played for you as well?).

As you may know planning permission for the Vesuvius Site Development which was to include a new ground for us was rejected around Christmas time. The developers have appealed against the decision and there is now a two day public hearing to be held in the summer. Fingers crossed!

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 11:50:55 AM by Finchley Tiger »

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 12:43:08 PM »
Vesuvius???

Please be careful where you put your ash. Even the butterflies are grounded round here. ;D

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 01:06:49 PM »
And stay well clear of any Lavaflow.  ;D

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 01:09:44 PM »
 ;D ;D

I shouldn't laugh as my sister-in-law was due to fly out to Cuba today!

Rocking Rev

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2010, 05:30:47 PM »
This has been a wonderful run-in and praise must go not only to the players but to Rob Scott and Paul Hurst who have done a magnificent job. Boston United remain one of the biggest Non-League Clubs with a superb following, facilities that many envy and a Chairman that is determined to bring success to the Club and the best supporters in the land.

I wish I could be with you.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2010, 05:39:19 PM »
Yes well done to everyone connected with Boston United. I still remember that day at York Street when we all thought it was the end of the road. Now we might not be out of the woods but at least we have a club to be proud of. The Chairman has been fantastic, if i met him i'd shake his hand and say thank you. The Management have done us proud, none of the crap we were used to before. Now a big thank you to the players, everyone of them have played a part this season, all of them deserve a big pat on the back.

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?