Author Topic: Tonight  (Read 19124 times)

Bob Lee

Re: Tonight
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2010, 10:19:24 PM »
Donny ;) Kim???????

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2010, 10:28:53 PM »
Donny ;) Kim???????
I'm not quite that desperate mate ::)

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2010, 11:12:43 PM »
GAME ON !!!  ;D

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2010, 07:04:50 AM »
I can feel the love vibes flowing from Boston over to our good friends in Frickley.

:-* :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 07:52:24 AM by aggy »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2010, 08:00:30 AM »
I'm pleased to see people are now starting to believe. Personally always thought Matlock would beat Guiseley tonight, they are a good side and I'm pleased they have left their run too late to make the play-offs as I wouldn't fancy playing them.

1 defeat for Guiseley out of 3
1 draw out of 3 for BPA
we win our 3 and we win it.

Very do-able.

And, essentially, if we win tonight and on Saturday, it goes to the last game whatever..
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

BU on the up

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2010, 10:39:49 AM »
What a result for us last night! Guiseley have dropped more points and are rocking - with the run they are on it's not out of the question they will drop more points over the next 3 games. With them knowing they have to get something from every game the pressure really will be on them all the time!

Am I right in saying we go top if we win tonight due to our superior goal difference?

BU on the UP!!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 11:09:39 AM by BU on the up »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2010, 10:41:54 AM »
Indeed, we will be top with 3 points tonight
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

LeeChase

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2010, 11:18:48 AM »
My heart says get in, my head says Guiseley have to play two bottom of the leagues sides and Marine at home. If I had to back a team it would be Guiseley.  :( Note of the teams they're playing have anything to gain either.

C'mon guys they've only lost to us and Matlock away from home. Let's settle in for the play offs hopefully from 2nd spot as BPA have two away games to drop a couple of points in.

Although to quote the great KK, "I'd love it if we beat them"
Touched by his noodly appendage.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2010, 11:24:43 AM »
We need to win our games, and let the others feel the pressure. Come on Frickley!!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2010, 11:32:43 AM »
It's all a case of turning the screw up on them and seeing what happens.  The first thing is 3 points tonight though, thats a must if we stand any chance.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bartmac

« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2010, 11:35:29 AM »
Marine have played very well in their last few games, so there's hope yet! except we've got to play them in our final game!!!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2010, 01:36:58 PM »
C'mon guys they've only lost to us and Matlock away from home. Let's settle in for the play offs hopefully from 2nd spot as BPA have two away games to drop a couple of points in.
Only  :o

Let's not settle for anything until it's mathematically impossible, some people gave up months ago on the title, me I've always believed and continue to do that we can still win it. Let's look at the remaining games:

Guiseley

Marine (h) Top 10 team and have been in good form so they where in the hunt for team of the month for March. Lost 1-0 away
Frickley (a) Another team in good form and candidates for team of the month for March. Notoriously hard to beat on their own ground. Drew 0-0 at home.
Ashton (h) Apparently are Guiseley's bogey side. Lost 3-2 away

So of the 3 teams they have to play they have yet to beat any of them. 3 tough games added to the fact they have lost their last 2 and I fancy them dropping points in at least 1 game.
BPA
Frickley (a) See above. Beat them 3-1 at home
Whitby (h) Not much of a case can be made for them apart from the fact they have been strong defensively most of the season. Currently have an injury crisis and 3 players suspended (that where all sent off in 1 match), lost 5-0 to Retford with their reserve gk coming on as a sub in midfield. Won 3-2 away
Hucknall (a) Where a poor team against us recently. They do however have a decent home record. Won 2-0 at home

BPA have the easiest run in of all 3 teams, have beaten all 3 in the reverse fixture and there is only really Frickley I can see taking points off them.

Us
We have Worksop (a) and FCUM (h) both in poor form and in the bottom half of the table. Worksop need the points to avoid relegation so will fight for every ball, FCUM will have their big travelling support as an advantage. Both are potential banana skins but on form we should beat them both. For Marine (a) see above, a very difficult game as like Frickley they are hard to beat on their own ground.

We have beaten them all in the reverse fixture, like BPA think we'll win 2 but Marine is the 1 where we could drop points.

Will almost undoubtedly go down to the last day, what an exciting end to a great season.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2010, 07:12:03 PM »
Have not seen it mentioned but if we lose tonight NFU will finish above us if they win their remaining games.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2010, 07:35:10 PM »
Hopefully we will go into the last game of the season three points clear at the top as that would mean we would all be able to enjoy the game knowing that only very unrealistic results would see us overtaken.