Author Topic: GET IN!  (Read 14012 times)

Dogbaby

• View Profile
GET IN!
« on: April 10, 2010, 05:13:01 PM »
Nuff said.  ;)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: GET IN!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 05:25:03 PM »
Amazing ..didnt expect it the way it was going ..also busy counting out our (modest) winnings from  the Grand  National ..
 Shd have known there would be seasons best crowd at YS today .. but crowds dont win trophies  .  .  ( FC United )
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 05:27:00 PM by father Ted »

Bob Lee

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 05:27:10 PM »
A very good team, in my opinion deserve to be up there with us.  But why do they have to cheat? >:(

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 05:39:28 PM »
What a finish!! Second half we could of had a couple more, the keeper made some good saves. First half i thought we were poor to be honest, very sluggish and gave the ball away far to often. Again it seems the players have to receive a bollocking at half time from the managers to get their fingers out. I was hoping to get home and see that BPA had lost, they were 4-2 down at half time, what a sickener to see the them win 4-6.

check the grassy knoll
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 05:50:56 PM by lonegunman »
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 05:55:03 PM »
True, i thought they were a hardworking uncompromising side. Not sure about their pen, i couldn't see from where i was stood. Not sure about our pen, couldn't see that one either!   :D

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 06:03:30 PM »
Like the man said,GET IN!!!!Thought we were poor first half,though they didn't look like scoring without the dubious penalty.Second half thought we were excellent,just thought it was going to be one of those days where it wouldn't go in.The longer the game went the better we got,and the introduction of Mikel was just what we needed.One thing about this team it never knows when it's beaten.Great performance lads.

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 06:07:52 PM »
Suarez was infinitely better than Davidson and I mean infinitely. Guiseley's no.3 looked comfortable before Suarez came on but switched to centre back after one of their substitutions and Mikel outdid him every time.

Church has been outstanding this season but I think today was one of his worst games. Their no.4 seemed to outbattle him and his passing was woeful at times but I have nothing other than admiration for what he has done this season. Luckily it did not have an effect in the end.

I might be getting boring but Pearson has to be player of the season. He is sheer quality. He only had one poor clearance all game but seeing as it was after a quality tackle, I will let him off!

AndyBHC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 06:16:21 PM »
First post - don't kill me!

Just to echo the comments below, Guisley were an excellent side and tried to play football. The first half was poor, the second half excellent, Boston finally held onto the ball and didn't give it away. The substution of Davidson had to be done - makes you wonder why Suarez didn't start.

Both penalties were the correct decision, had a perfect view for both and overall I thought the ref did quite well in trying to let the game flow. Missed a few decisions but that happens, you will never get perfection and it went both ways.

Excellent advert for the Unibond league and superb crowd as well and full credit to the management who clearly sorted a few things out at half-time and to the team for responding so well. 

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 06:30:41 PM »
I didn't think the first half was particulary brilliant for either team. I can't see where people are coming from when they say Guiseley played well. For the majority of the game they seemed happy to waste the possession they had by lumping the ball up into the air and off the pitch. they were hardly ambitious and had little energy about them.  The penalty was very questionable. However they did defend well, especially their keeper. They got what they deserved ultimately. They defended far to deep 2nd half and we punished them by attacking their area and trying to play the ball on the pitch. Its not rocket science, if you strign a couple of passes together usually you'll benefit. Shame the lads didnt realise that in the 1st half. But the 2nd half was much improved and showed again great character and belief in their abilities as players. A massive 3 points today, congratulations to all. Wasnt pretty at times but winning is winning. Onwards and upwards. Keep it up lads.

jimmystars

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 06:52:25 PM »
Great second half performance. Suarez was the difference - Danny just did not win enough even though he should do considering his height. To say their penalty was questionable is a understatement - blatent dive and then when Yates did the same second half it was play on which made the win even more satisfying. Great effort from all the lads

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 07:35:42 PM »
Just to add that the atmosphere on Spayne Rd in the last 15 minutes was awesome, it was like a bear pit after the penalty, the best its been for years. Well done to all down there, they kept the vocal support going at 0-1.

1600 is a good crowd but this team deserves better, it ought to be pushing 2500 for the FCUM game with their contingent and similar for the play offs.

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 07:38:52 PM »
I didn't think the first half was particulary brilliant for either team. I can't see where people are coming from when they say Guiseley played well. For the majority of the game they seemed happy to waste the possession they had by lumping the ball up into the air and off the pitch. they were hardly ambitious and had little energy about them.  The penalty was very questionable. However they did defend well, especially their keeper. They got what they deserved ultimately. They defended far to deep 2nd half and we punished them by attacking their area and trying to play the ball on the pitch. Its not rocket science, if you strign a couple of passes together usually you'll benefit. Shame the lads didnt realise that in the 1st half. But the 2nd half was much improved and showed again great character and belief in their abilities as players. A massive 3 points today, congratulations to all. Wasnt pretty at times but winning is winning. Onwards and upwards. Keep it up lads.
Agree with the post from POL, besides the blatant dive for the penalty, and one shot which whistled over the crossbar,  Guisley were happy to just lump the ball anywhere, the Guisley team thought they had got the match won at halftime, they walked off shaking one anothers hands as if it was done and dusted, the subsitutions from Boston changed the nature of the game, we brought on a proper right footed right back, he put in the ball for the winning goal to be flicked on for SWD to head in the net, we are a much better balanced team with the two full backs Cully and Bird in their rightful postions, I thought Bird was exellent today at left back, how long is it since we had a proper leftfooted left back, I  myself thought Bradford were a much better footballing side than what Guisley were, Congratulations to Boston, you deserved it today, all you can do is keep the pressure on the other teams by winning your matches, it is not over until the fat lady sings, Well done to the Boston public for their great support today.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 07:53:57 PM »
We are the best team in this league but when will the players realise it. The first half they gave far to much respect to a Guisely team that are quite ordinary.
As has been said it does appear that they have to receive a bollocking from the managers at half time to be convinced.
Second half they were excellent where Pearson found the energy to scare the crap out of them in both boxes is beyond me. The first penalty was a definate trip a yard inside our box. The second we were lucky to get as it was clearly played by defender with his shoulder, However take nothing away from the lads they thoroughly deserved what they got and how lucky we are to have a team that never give up. Promotion? YES.

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 07:55:17 PM »
Great game played poor first half very iffy penalty , what a good score for a large crowd lets hope
a few will come more often ??

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 08:13:40 PM »
It's funny how opinions differ I also had a very good view of both pens and thought they where both soft. As for the game was a poor game first half, as has been said both sides hitting it long. The managers worked their magic at half time (how many times is that) and second half we got the ball down and put them under sustained pressure for most of it.

Also like to echo what has been said about the substitution of DD for Mikel. From early on it was obvious Danny was off his game and jaded and I'm surprised they didn't make the change earlier (maybe ht?). Even though he was only on the pitch circa 30 minutes I would make Mikel MOTM he made that much difference, he MUST start on Wednesday now.

Thought the crowd where excellent today, after RS spoke about the moaners again in the paper (getting on the teams back when 2-1 down to Frickley, which I agree some did) thought they where very supportive today from start to finish.

Last thing, how many more grandstand finishes, Hucknall, Buxton and now Guiseley. What a fantastic team who always give 100% and never give up. Well done lads.