Author Topic: GET IN!  (Read 14011 times)

freiston fan

• View Profile
Re: GET IN!
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 08:21:30 PM »
Next week 2000 plus and well deserved so lets welcome FCUM as they have fans like us, always behind their team.

BUFC on the up.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 08:35:22 PM »
We were poor in the first half and when already losing 1-0 - one of the Guisley players headed over the bar when it looked like he was going to score their 2nd.   We started the second half much better - but once again let Guisley in and they rattled the post.  It was only when Davidson was substituted that Boston took control of the match and it was only a question of time when we would equalise, then go onto win the match.

Mikel should have started the match not come on after halftime - and he has to start against Worksop on Wednesday.

nerevs9

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 09:22:21 PM »
Anyone get any video of the winning goal today?

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 09:49:13 PM »
Who got the flick on for SWD's brilliant goal? I'd like to see a replay of that!
Superb team spirit to keep going to the last minute.
DD will do the job against most teams in this league, he's got a few goals to prove it. Mikel Suarez has that extra finesse you need against the better sides.
First half we were putting ourselves under pressure as the ball wasn't sticking in their half too long, introducing Velcro Mikel made the difference IMO.
Playing like that you've got to fancy 3 points against Worksop  :dan

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2010, 10:20:36 PM »
theres no way any honest boston fan who has attended regularly this season could possibly criticize our management,but,undoubtedly danny for mickel made a massive difference and i for one would start him every time.the subs they made today pulverized guiseley and we won today a brilliant 3 points,well done lads a brilliant win and what a brilliant crowd as well.
"till saturday comes"

boselecta

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 12:39:58 AM »
Well done Boston ,second half you were the better side,By far!.Lots still to play for...Going to go to the wire,now?.
Well played...

Seenbetter

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 09:16:32 AM »
Great posts everyone. Nothing more to say than "BLOODY BRILLIANT"

dazzybabie

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 09:39:31 AM »
i thought that guisely played better than boston in the first half. they kept the ball in the air and made sure everty time it came down they had players waiting for it so even if we got possesion there were so many white shirts that the only option was to clear. guisely were better than us in the air as well, winning the ball with their head.
2nd half was different again though, we kept the ball on the ground and passes it about to make them run about and break up their positions, and that opened up the gaps and gave us the chances.
Ref was fairly easy going, it was bound to be a physical match and he could have booked most of the players at some point, there was a few iffy decisions but thats just football.
Disapointing though on the way down spaine road after the match to hear folk moaning that it was a shit performance and we were lucky to win. FFS we won and got 3 points what do some people want????

Dazzy

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 11:18:11 AM »
A first half where we were second to everything including all balls played forward and over run in midfield which was disappointing although the positive thing was that despite being outplayed by the leaders they did not create any chances to draw saves from Evans which must give credit to our back four.

Second half started brightly but the big change was Suarez for DD.  Things stuck up front and the balls were laid off meaning that we could create pressure and this told with the goals coming and full credit to the team for keeping going.

The atmosphere was excellent yesterday with even some chanting from the Spayne Lane.  Walking down there after the game i heard no negative comments about the performance just a lot of happy people, me being one of them.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
For years i've sat in the main stand but owing to money matters i now shift between there and Spain road. I was amazed to hear the moans about Danny Sleath and Danny Davidson. Sleath has popped up with some cracking goals this season. He plays in one of the most demanding positions on the pitch, that of the holding midfield. Yes i know he has Church there but i think he still works his socks off. Danny Davidson is never going to be a 'quick' player, he's up there to give the opposition defence grief and hopefully score goals. Probably yesterday wasn't one of his best games he's ever had for us but the lad tries his best.
All match i could hear, he should of done that, he should have done this. The thing is, if either of them could do half the things they were asking of them, neither of them would be plying their trade here they'd be playing at an higher level.
Hopefully next season they will be, with Boston United!  :)

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2010, 12:14:32 PM »
I thought the referee didn't seem to see some of Guisely players nudging or holding on to our players some times and their penalty was a blatent dive. Having said that I thought we were poor until the changes were made and we tried to play the ball in the air too much rather than get it on the ground and run at them. By the way does anyone know how long the Guisely players stayed out on the pitch for? They seemed very reluctant to go to the changing rooms for some reason.  ;)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2010, 04:07:30 PM »
CRANWELL PILGRIM may have lost the lead at the top of the Prediction League yesterday, but he did manage to get a cracking photo of Spencer Weir-Daley heading home the winning goal!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2010, 04:10:56 PM »
All match i could hear, he should of done that, he should have done this. The thing is, if either of them could do half the things they were asking of them, neither of them would be plying their trade here they'd be playing at an higher level.
Hopefully next season they will be, with Boston United! 

In BSN!

CRANWELL PILGRIM

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2010, 05:15:17 PM »
Thanks for putting the photo on and respect for the good photos you take and upload. I took about 100 and got about three to be proud of. Would probably do better with a full frame DSLR.

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2010, 05:48:24 PM »
Thanks lads for a brilliant game and creating an atmosphere I never thought we'd see at York Street again.

After this display is there anyone to fear?