Author Topic: GRIFFITHS TO ILKESTON  (Read 12303 times)

bufc4life

• View Profile
Re: GRIFFITHS TO ILKESTON
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 11:34:54 PM »
He did have a yard of pace and new when to use it, was a better full back which he played alot for the youth team all the bes to him!!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 11:56:00 PM »
Remember this was the lad who played for both the youths and the first team on the same day, on one day last season..
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 12:12:14 AM »
Certainly had pace, and commitment. Didn't do much wrong at all. Was hoping that he'd be part of the squad this season.

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009, 08:16:17 AM »
like a boy playing with men

Exactly, he was playing above his development because of the position Welsh found himself in, no commited players. Played youth and first team matches on the same day!

A dissapointment for me to see him leave, great attitude and the potential to go on and be a lot better than we had seen. These kids will be the future of the club and we should be going that bit further to keep them. We only need one to be a bit above average and the financial rewards will be great.

Good luck Mitch.

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 08:51:53 AM »
Griifiths, Beck, Miller... :(

At least Aaron stayed, thats one great signing, if continues his development, he surely will play at a higher level soon

Good luck Griff, though like other judging by their comments I too am not convinced he is ready for the upgrade, lest hope he is 

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 02:27:41 PM »
Griffiths great strength was that he gave 100%. As others have said as a winger he needs pace, a good cross and natural ability, all of these he was lacking in. When compared side by side with Beeson there is no contest Bees has the greater ability and pace it is just if the new managers can get the best out of him, something Tommy Taylor couldn't do.

The hard work that Griffiths puts in undoubtedly make him an asset and a more reliable player but I personally think Bees has the greater potential if it can be realised.