Author Topic: GRIFFITHS TO ILKESTON  (Read 12029 times)

thepilgrims

• View Profile

bufc4life

• View Profile
Re: GRIFFITHS TO ILKESTON
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 03:17:59 PM »
Big loss for the club if you ask me, Was a good player and deserved something

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 04:08:13 PM »
Arse.

It was a mistake not to offer him, Wood and Jackson a contract straight up imho, but I thought we'd get away with it...

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 04:12:54 PM »
Good young player moving up a league joining a club on the up good luck to him. I am sure Craig has got someone better lined up for us.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 04:18:07 PM »
I thought the boy had a chance to make the grade so it is dissapointing to see him go to Ilkeston. Can't see the point of a youth set up if you let the best ones leave.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 04:30:21 PM »
Thought he was the best prospect of all the younger players.Good luck to him,but we should have done more to keep him.IMO a bigger loss in terms of potential than anyone who has been released this summer.

bufc4life

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 04:34:48 PM »
They all wanted to stay on and had agreed with welsh however he wasn't given the job and the new managers only offered them trails

Beck Row

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 05:20:18 PM »
They all wanted to stay on and had agreed with welsh however he wasn't given the job and the new managers only offered them trails
What? Kinda like a treasure hunt??

TASGOE

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 05:40:28 PM »
Griffiths seemed a nice enough lad but in footballing terms he's not good enough and I don't think he ever will be. That might sound harsh but if we're serious about doing well in this league this year we need better players all round.

bufc4life

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 05:42:07 PM »
Yeah but none of them new were the goal was

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 05:57:37 PM »
As much as we would have liked to keep him i have faith that the managers will find someone better and tougher who is more suited to this league.

But good luck Mitch

Stumpie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 07:15:35 PM »
I didnt think he was anything special tbh, never saw him take anyone on, never hit the killer pass, bit plain if you ask me.....

Bit like lucas for liverpool, like a boy playing with men

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 07:33:01 PM »
Won't be to bothered as long as we pinch Church off Ilkeston

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 09:27:43 PM »
I didnt think he was anything special tbh, never saw him take anyone on, never hit the killer pass, bit plain if you ask me.....

Exactly what i thought.

I don't like being harsh on young players, they need time to grow up, and become fitter and stronger, but as a wide player, you need a turn of pace, which he hasn't got, a eye for a key pass, which I don't think he has got, and you have to get to that bye line and get the cross in, and I didn't see much evidence of that.

All the best to the lad, but we need a quick dynamic winger who goes past defenders and get crosses in.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 09:37:05 PM »

Exactly what i thought.

I don't like being harsh on young players, they need time to grow up, and become fitter and stronger, but as a wide player, you need a turn of pace, which he hasn't got, a eye for a key pass, which I don't think he has got, and you have to get to that bye line and get the cross in, and I didn't see much evidence of that.

All the best to the lad, but we need a quick dynamic winger who goes past defenders and get crosses in.

To be honest I always say as a more defensive player and would liked to have seen him given a spell at fullback - I guess its just a waiting game as it was two years ago