Author Topic: Fc united game  (Read 16866 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Fc united game
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 08:22:10 AM »
Do you think that you will manage to get the game on this time?

Harsh when you reside at Bury P-P's ground.  We've had what one postponed game in the last 10 years or something?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 09:05:00 AM »
There have been a few times this season where York Street was one of only a few grounds to hold a game of football in the country!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 01:51:32 PM »

Shouldn't think so mate, snows drifts made it impossible to get out the house for the last week.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 06:26:53 PM »

Changing subject slightly, but this is how the FCUM website advises its supporters to get from Boston Railway Station to York Street:

The nearest railway station is Boston (less than one mile from ground). After getting off the train, head down Station Street towards the Stump (the large church tower which dominates the skyline for miles around). At the end is a Police Station. Go through the car park and nip round the right side of the Police Station, then head over the footbridge over the river. On reaching the other side, turn right up an alleyway (Church Lane) towards the Market Place. Keep going straight on, past the Britannia Inn (a Batemans pub), across a pelican crossing and keep going. Veer right down South Street and cross the road. Look out for a small road to the left called Spain Lane. Head down Spain Lane past the Blackfriars Arts Centre until you come to John Adams Way dual carriageway and there is a staggered pelican crossing to get you across. The ground is in front of you down Spayne Road.

I pity any FCUM supporters attempting to follow this route. Surely it would be much quicker and easier to turn left out of the railway station, turn right past the Eagle onto Queens Street, follow through into Liquorpond Street and John Adams Way and then cross at the pedestrian crossing as soon as you see the floodlights?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 06:47:36 PM »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 06:49:58 PM »
It's the other side of the Stump (fecking big church) should be enough.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 07:46:22 PM »

Changing subject slightly, but this is how the FCUM website advises its supporters to get from Boston Railway Station to York Street:

The nearest railway station is Boston (less than one mile from ground). After getting off the train, head down Station Street towards the Stump (the large church tower which dominates the skyline for miles around). At the end is a Police Station. Go through the car park and nip round the right side of the Police Station, then head over the footbridge over the river. On reaching the other side, turn right up an alleyway (Church Lane) towards the Market Place. Keep going straight on, past the Britannia Inn (a Batemans pub), across a pelican crossing and keep going. Veer right down South Street and cross the road. Look out for a small road to the left called Spain Lane. Head down Spain Lane past the Blackfriars Arts Centre until you come to John Adams Way dual carriageway and there is a staggered pelican crossing to get you across. The ground is in front of you down Spayne Road.

I pity any FCUM supporters attempting to follow this route. Surely it would be much quicker and easier to turn left out of the railway station, turn right past the Eagle onto Queens Street, follow through into Liquorpond Street and John Adams Way and then cross at the pedestrian crossing as soon as you see the floodlights?

Having lived on Station street for many years before moving away, the route through town is the one I nearly always took and was much quicker than going down John Adams way.  Plus as a visitor you pass through the town able to get a pint at the pub, look around the town centre and see some of the landmarks. 

Personally, when visiting another club I'd prefer to get a feel for the town you are visiting rather than wandering down a pretty boring dual carriageway!

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 07:57:31 PM »
It is indeed the directions from my web site. I've just measured the distance of my route and it's just over 700m, whereas Leicester Pilgrim's route is about 1500m, so more than double the distance!

And as Maxross says my route is much better for getting a good pint on the way to the game. :)

Andrei Kanchelskis

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 09:43:23 AM »

I don't see why you should have any doubts about it being on. It's April and if any club can get a game on in this league it's us.

Though it's a good job the match was postponed last time, taking into consideration most of your fans were doubting whether they could even get out of Manchester let alone to the game!

Indeed, we should bring a good following this time, perhaps double last year. We are also in an exceptionally generous mood and you should expect to take the 3 points with you. This will be a long day for most reds as it is the Manchester derby earlier so alot of fans will be in the pubs at midday. I think the crowd should top 2000...still abit tinpot though compared to Halifax ;)

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 11:33:51 AM »
Indeed, we should bring a good following this time, perhaps double last year. We are also in an exceptionally generous mood and you should expect to take the 3 points with you. This will be a long day for most reds as it is the Manchester derby earlier so alot of fans will be in the pubs at midday. I think the crowd should top 2000...still abit tinpot though compared to Halifax ;)
IF results go our way in midweek and we are top think there'd be 2000 from Boston there + whatever you lot bring, if that's double last year when there where circa 400 then it wouldn't be far off 3000.

Bob Lee

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2010, 11:50:43 AM »
I know of four people, who have not been all season that are going to the match.  So 2,500 could easily be reached.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2010, 11:55:56 AM »
Question is, will George Doors be making an appearance and if he is, will he be with his new found friends in the town end?  ;)

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2010, 12:46:26 PM »
if FC are brining double and we are still in the push for promotion asit being the last home i can see there being alot of people there,
i spoke to several people yesterday who came for the first time since the league days and have said they are definatly coming.
Ive got a fair few coming with me just for this match to,
We've got to get the atmostphere rocking

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2010, 02:27:49 PM »
i reckon the crowd will easily be 2000 maybe push 2500

as i know of alot of people who normally dont go will be there as its the only game most went to last season !

also 1604 yesterday with 40-50 Guiesly fans , As i say many more will be there as its last home game and were in with a shout of still nicking the league

and then if FCUM even bring what they did last season we'll get 2000 , if its doubled like someone said on here we could be pushing 2500

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2010, 02:53:36 PM »
It is indeed the directions from my web site. I've just measured the distance of my route and it's just over 700m, whereas Leicester Pilgrim's route is about 1500m, so more than double the distance!

You learn something every day!

On the subject of directions to away grounds, I happened to notice the following advice appearing on Halesowen Town's website...

By Helicopter GPS Coordinates 52°27'15.81"N, 2° 3'23.36"W. Twin Engine and Category A takeoff capability recommended. Please call ahead and allow 5 working days for landing Approval.

I wonder how many of their supporters travel to games by helicopter?