Author Topic: Today's game  (Read 12093 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: Today's game
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2010, 08:45:49 PM »
Great photos Ken !

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2010, 08:47:45 PM »
the crowd photo caught me at a bad time :L

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2010, 08:52:43 PM »
Fattest chips in the league!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2010, 09:07:54 PM »
Another batch.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2010, 10:21:22 PM »
Final set of pics - with a few more crowd shots.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2010, 10:54:31 PM »
on the day not the best of games but come end of season it might be a useful point

if the guiesly-bpa games go in our favour , and we beat guiesly when the come our place in couple of weeks i think we will give ourselves a decent chance

adding that bpa still have tough games to play, so do we i know but if theres one thing this lot will do and thats never say never

so its not over till the fat lady sings !

also adding if it goes down to the wire we have a better goal difference so if it came down to it, that would count as another point
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 11:14:37 PM by Big-Tom »

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2010, 10:45:02 AM »
That's the spirit Tom it's not over yet even though we're relying on the top 2 to lose form and for us to keep winning (personally don't think we can afford to drop any more points).

Yesterday's result was about right and isn't a bad point, again we where a bit shot shy but did at least create 3 or 4 half chances which is more 3 or 4 more than Wednesday.

Hopefully a draw on Monday night then Kendal to take something from BPA on Good Friday afternoon. Can't see Ossett taking anything from Guiseley but by the start of next Friday evening's game all 3 teams will be on the same amount of games so we will know how far we are behind.

Seenbetter

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2010, 03:25:19 PM »
NFU defended very well and quickly got between the ball and their goal and blocked several shots. It's good to see supporters, both home and visiting, standing shoulder to shoulder giving banter and having a laugh. Did any of you notice Retthugs training ground on the right, next to the ground. For those of you who didn't go it was an allotment site but one could imagine Retthug feeling well at home there.
As for the end of season, yes I would dearly love to see Boston get promotion this time around and will be dissappointed if we don't but on reflection we have had a great season so far. Management team and players have all given us something to be proud of. We just need to go that extra mile now. I don't think we can win the league but my prediction of 3rd place still stands and win the play offs. The four in the play offs I think will be BPA, Boston, NFU and Kendall. Should be an exciting April.
Come on Boston United. I want to be proved wrong about our position at the end

yellowcoat

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2010, 04:55:24 PM »
NFU defended very well and quickly got between the ball and their goal and blocked several shots. It's good to see supporters, both home and visiting, standing shoulder to shoulder giving banter and having a laugh.

It was good banter until an idiot from boston threw a bottle of coke soaking a home fan which nearly resulted in fisty cuffs, but on the whole great to be on terracing altogether and enjoying the banter.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2010, 05:29:42 PM »

It was good banter until an idiot from boston threw a bottle of coke soaking a home fan which nearly resulted in fisty cuffs, but on the whole great to be on terracing altogether and enjoying the banter.

I thought it was two Boston fans that were arguing over the bottle, all a bit nonsense.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2010, 06:28:54 PM »
NFU defended very well and quickly got between the ball and their goal and blocked several shots. It's good to see supporters, both home and visiting, standing shoulder to shoulder giving banter and having a laugh.

I didn't see the incident so can't comment. It did occur to me though that North Ferriby appeared to have no stewards inside the ground whatsoever. If there were stewards there then they certainly weren't wearing high visibility jackets. Why is it that Boston have to have so many stewards on duty (added cost) - despite the segregation of away fans keeping problems to a minimum - whilst a club like North Ferriby can operate with no segregation and no stewards? Is it something to do with the grading of York Street that forces us to increase our stewarding?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2010, 06:42:43 PM »
Interesting but hardly suprising to read in the match report that Frickley got their 5 goals against Retford as follows;- 2 penalties and 3 free kicks, How fitting that their disgusting tactics come back to bite them. You really do seek what you sow.

Bartmac

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2010, 06:53:42 PM »
Sorry to be pendantic and correct you oxo, but the saying is "Reap what you sow" ;)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2010, 07:42:07 PM »

I didn't see the incident so can't comment. It did occur to me though that North Ferriby appeared to have no stewards inside the ground whatsoever. If there were stewards there then they certainly weren't wearing high visibility jackets. Why is it that Boston have to have so many stewards on duty (added cost) - despite the segregation of away fans keeping problems to a minimum - whilst a club like North Ferriby can operate with no segregation and no stewards? Is it something to do with the grading of York Street that forces us to increase our stewarding?

York St's a designated stadium Rich, I'd say there's only us and FCUM in this shithole league that's grounds are designated.

Here's the FLA website http://www.flaweb.org.uk/docs/thefla/thefla.php

We fall under the auspices of the Safety at Sports Grounds Act 1987
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 07:47:22 PM by noughtyforties »

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2010, 09:43:29 PM »
Interesting but hardly suprising to read in the match report that Frickley got their 5 goals against Retford as follows;- 2 penalties and 3 free kicks, How fitting that their disgusting tactics come back to bite them. You really do seek what you sow.
serves em right.to concede a couple of freekick goals wouldnt be extrodinary but 5 ,2 bein penos really tells it as they are
"till saturday comes"