Author Topic: Big game Saturday  (Read 6173 times)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Big game Saturday
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 05:28:57 PM »
Essentially, I don't think we can go a round of games where we lose points to both BPA and Guiseley.

Frickley play Guiseley in the final midweek of the season. Theoretically, we could win the title via this game.. do you think many Boston would travel to it?

Does anyone remember the Dr Martens Championship winning season when we were neck and neck with Bath City for the title? I remember travelling to watch Rothwell vs Bath City towards the end of the season, desperately hoping for Rothwell to do Boston a favour. It wasn't too far a journey for me, but I was surprised to see several other Boston fans getting behind the Rothwell team that night. They nearly did us a massive favour and were winning 2-1 in the second half, but eventually lost 3-2. In the end it didn't matter though as we went up, Bath had one or two bad results and in the finish Burton Albion came up on the rails to take second place.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 06:15:16 PM »
LP - I went to that game too !

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 07:32:22 AM »
I remember going to watch Nuneaton v Dagenham the day after we drew 1-1 with Barnet live on the TV. Nuneaton won 2-0. Two days later was the comeback at Southport. Looking back at the results Dagenham were in the middle of a poor run of form at the time. http://www.tonykempster.co.uk/archive01-02/confres.htm That was Easter weekend 2002. Happy memories I guess but we didn't know what was going on behind the scenes at the time.