Author Topic: League Cup final  (Read 11835 times)

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
League Cup final
« on: March 17, 2010, 10:46:59 PM »
League Cup Final v Retford - Wednesday 21st April 2010 - at Ashby Avenue (Lincoln United FC).

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: League Cup final
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 10:57:07 PM »
Final week of the season, in between FC United at home and Marine away. Awful timing.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 10:59:36 PM »
bloody annoying that was hoping for it to be a week or so after the league season ended

retford will love this a chance to kick lumps out of our lads ,especially if we have anything to play for last day at marine

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 07:27:26 AM »
Only the Unibond League management committee (or any other tinpot league committee) could arrange a totally irrelevant game like this at such an import stage in the season.

I remember back in Fatty McFrauds 1st season we were forced to play a DMPL Cup semi final (over 2 legs) in an 8 day spell where we had the home leg on the Wednesday, the Trophy game at St Albans on the Saturday, a league game at Worcester on the Monday and the away 2nd leg on the Wednesday........

We could be in the box seat for the title that week, I'm sure we'd really appreciate going to Marine last day with 4 or 5 walking wounded after we'd been assaulted by played Retford.

Bob Lee

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 08:37:29 AM »
easy play the reserves 8), send the unidump a message.  I wonder if it was any other team except us in the final whether the date would be more sensible? >:(

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 10:24:41 AM »
Also the fact that Ashby Avenue was rethugs home ground for quite afew games at the start of the season. Poor decision.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

badgerbean

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 10:29:52 AM »
Retford will love this a chance to kick lumps out of our lads

what nonsense

bloody annoying that was hoping for it to be a week or so after the league season ended

We agree on something
Also the fact that Ashby Avenue was rethugs home ground for quite afew games at the start of the season. Poor decision.

2 games

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 12:47:50 PM »
As I said on a previous thread only midweek slot available to both sides between now and the end of the season. Shame it wasn't held over to the end of the season but that was always going to be problematical as the play-offs are then played the following week which would mean going into a second week. The biggest issue is that semi-pro's are only paid during the season so both clubs would have to pay players for 2 extra weeks.

Question for Badgerbean, if you win your Notts Senior Cup semi on the 30th March when are you going to play the final as you have no midweek slots available. I know county cups take precedence so potentially the Challenge Cup final could be moved again or possibly a league game?

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 12:55:39 PM »
I would be very suprised if either team field a full strength team. I hope we don't it's just not worth risking getting players injured.

It's also likely we will play Retford in the play-offs too

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 12:59:57 PM »
Atleast you can stand behind the dugout and Lincoln Utd!Could be a nice crowd behind Dufthug!

badgerbean

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 01:03:14 PM »
Question for Badgerbean, if you win your Notts Senior Cup semi on the 30th March when are you going to play the final as you have no midweek slots available. I know county cups take precedence so potentially the Challenge Cup final could be moved again or possibly a league game?

Really not sure, last season we played it at Meadow Lane on 6th May

It's also likely we will play Retford in the play-offs too

Not if we don't pass our ground grading!!!

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 01:17:17 PM »

[/quote]

Out of interest, how likely do you think that is?

badgerbean

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 02:34:38 PM »

Out of interest, how likely do you think that is?
[/quote]

The graders apparantly visited some weeks ago and as long as a further 100 seats, 40m of terrace cover and a turnstyle were moved to allow segregation then we'd be OK.  It is happening as we speak but who knows.  Thing I find most frustrating is that we've had the best part of a season here and it's worked perfectly well, we're around 7th in the average attendances at barely 350,  whatever you think of it, it is  totally fit for purpose at this level.

YS is obviously for a higher level where you belong.  Whatever I think about the rubbish spoken after our games I still don't like to see large fan bases punished with demotion due to financial reasons.     

Beck Row

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 05:05:51 PM »
Top man

Bartmac

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 07:11:45 PM »
Tks Badgerbean for the sentiments in your last paragraph, someone with a bit of common sense at last!!!!  Tks again :)