Author Topic: late goal conceied today.  (Read 5597 times)

frithville pilgrim

• View Profile
late goal conceied today.
« on: November 08, 2014, 09:25:06 PM »
did Denis go 6 at the back today?. against barrow and flyde we did this  iwonder did this happen today its a dangerous game and bad for the nerves.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: late goal conceied today.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 09:48:57 PM »
Not really, we kept gunning for them but the 3rd just wouldn't come, more luck on their part than not making chances. 

In torrid conditions they started landing big bombs into the box.  One got lucky and fell to a player.  Can't remember another shot in the game from them and even the announcer wasn't sure who had got it, due to it being such a scramble against the run of play.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 10:43:40 PM »
Not really, we kept gunning for them but the 3rd just wouldn't come, more luck on their part than not making chances. 

In torrid conditions they started landing big bombs into the box.  One got lucky and fell to a player.  Can't remember another shot in the game from them and even the announcer wasn't sure who had got it, due to it being such a scramble against the run of play.

Looking around the forums chorley seem to say the same. One shot one goal

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 10:50:51 PM »
Not bothered we won and got 3 points!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 10:52:22 PM »
Not bothered we won and got 3 points!
Nice to see you clapping happily KON

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 12:18:12 PM »
I'm not a big fan off this defending a lead, 6 at the back or everyone behind the ball, it's no good for nerves and frustrating at times but it's how DG wants it and it works this season so far.

Thing that gets me is a game like Hednesford bloody awful display and lost points against play off rivals.

Odin

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 01:45:35 PM »
That last point of Garry@ about defending a lead reminds me of the Fylde game. We were winning with about 20/25 mins to go, Fylde never looked like bothering us never mind winning the game, we were in control and then the tactics changed to defending the lead. We let them come at us and they kept coming and put us under pressure. It was almost like inviting them to come and get some goals and get a result. Why sit back and invite trouble. It wasn't the first game it happened in. It was almost like saying we don,t want to win this game come and get a win or a draw.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 07:22:42 PM »
Whilst I checked the time at regular intervals 2nd half, I rarely felt like they were gonna get us. OK they got one at the end and punted a few balls in but that was their only meaningful attempt all game. A really convincing performance.
The last time we beat a top side away from home must've been Brackley- Dennis' 1st away game as boss.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 10:51:35 AM »
did Denis go 6 at the back today?. against barrow and flyde we did this  iwonder did this happen today its a dangerous game and bad for the nerves.

.....good for the points total though.  9/9 in the games you refer to.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 10:52:59 AM »
We had an abysmal record away from home against the top sides last season - it cost us our play off place. Our only point from the top 7 was at Alty 0-0, but we won at Solihull who finished 8th.

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/boston-united/2013-2014

petertaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 08:50:08 PM »
I think to be fair regarding the Fylde game, they pushed 4/5 up front and we had to counter
It. Regarding Chorley's late goal it was a case of good fortune for them. It actually highlighted
 just how important our 2nd goal was. It was a great result.