Author Topic: Throw eggs at Drury  (Read 3254 times)

Boston Standard

• View Profile
Throw eggs at Drury
« on: March 02, 2013, 06:28:25 PM »
It's his idea, not ours - http://tinyurl.com/bgqz6wq

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Throw eggs at Drury
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 06:33:46 PM »
Dont bother turning up please! Talking about eggs and oranges after that performances somes up Dreary! Lets hope the Chairman doesnt allow him near York Street again!

madhos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 06:51:12 PM »
Fans calling for his head after another clueless loss and hes cracking jokes about eggs........BRILLIANT !

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 06:58:26 PM »
I would like an explanation for his inept positional changes for a start, but won't hold my breath.

At his initial meeting with the fans he said he would give the inherited players a chance and instill motivation into the team.  He would address the problem of insistency and maybe have to draft in a player or two into vital areas.  He thought the problem was mostly defensive frailty, whereas the attack looked good.  He was confident of challenging for a play-off position this season and forecast the doubling of gates in the near future.

Almost everything he has done so far (even his first recruit was a forward) has been just the opposite.  Maybe Mr Drury has just been unlucky, but as our great Chairman says, "The harder I work, the luckier I get".
United we stand..................

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 09:00:20 PM »
Unnamed winger and target man! I strongly suggest the chairman stops this happening! History shows he has replaced decent players with poor replacements!

Seenbetter

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 11:56:08 PM »
Have to agree with KoN. He has had 2 months to show his hand and provide evidence to support his bluster but certainly hasn't done it for me. Bringing in players who do not appear as good as the ones they have replaced, played players out of position and used tactics that are clearly not working, results show that. Bringing in a target man and a winger is what is needed but his judgement of players so far does not inspire confidence in his selection ability.
He should hang his head in shame for what he has achieved here instead we just get more optimistic verbals from him. He may be the nicest person you could ever wish to meet but that doesn't make him a good football manager. Its not just posters on here who are fed up, if he sat in the crowds he would hear the disdane all around him.
Expect a low turnout on Tuesday, not just because of apathy but because Man Utd are on tv live, but I will be at York Street to watch us lose again because that is what we have come to expect now. 

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 04:04:25 PM »
Unnamed winger and target man!

Vauxhall Motors scored their goal from two free headers inside our six yard box. Our central defenders (and arguably goalkeeper) appeared to be lacking the basics of their job description. Instead of talking about wingers and target men Drury needs to be addressing the crisis in the heart of our defence. But then I don't suppose he can get rid of Watt or Lister - he signed them both!