Author Topic: Hutton, a slight change of subject.  (Read 4546 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Hutton, a slight change of subject.
« on: April 27, 2010, 06:49:37 AM »
Just thought i'd ask your thoughts on the Alan Hutton thingy. He was sent off whilst playing for Sunderland on Sat against Hull. If anyone saw the incident he threw the ball at a Hull player whilst the Hull player was on the floor, who, took umbrage to it and after getting up, decked him. The ref rightly sent the Hull player off, then sent Hutton off, now Sunderland are asking the FA to rescind Hutton's card because as they say, he did nothing wrong.

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Hutton, a slight change of subject.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 08:37:48 AM »
It is violent conduct from your description and the punishment was correct but i have not seen the incident

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 08:58:56 AM »
You could argue that Hutton's was more ungentlemanly (yellow card) than violent (red card)..

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 09:11:32 AM »
Hutton's throw of the ball at was not 'violent' in the sense that it was not a very hard throw, but the intent was there to provoke - which it did as the other player acted violently. If you let it go where do you draw the line, starts getting subjective threw it hard not throw it hard etc. He threw the ball at the player therefore 'violent conduct' and good bye.

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 12:04:52 PM »
Using the ball to throw at an opponent goes beyond ungentlemanly in my book and i would give him an extra game ban for a frivilous appeal too.

This conduict is not acceptable and needs to to stamped out

dazzybabie

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 12:19:35 PM »
I saw said incident. Hutton throws baal which donks hull bloke on the head. Hull bloke headbutts him in the face.

If you act like a dick dont be supprised when someone treats you like said dick. so red card for both of em

Dazzy

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 02:28:35 PM »

If you act like a dick dont be supprised when someone treats you like said dick. so red card for both of em

Dazzy

Thats about spot on I think! I was actually quite pleased to see the Hull guy (Altidore was it?) do it, maybe he'll think twice about doing it in future!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 05:05:58 PM »
Hutton has won his appeal

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 05:45:43 PM »
Personally i think that stinks. If the prat hadn't thrown the ball at the player in the first place the lad wouldn't have got up and decked him. He personally caused the incident in the first place, i'd have upped his ban to 4 games!

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 06:08:13 PM »
Agree Lonegunman.  Gives the green light to players to provoke others into getting sent off.  Having said that, he's only had his ban reduced from three games so he's still been punished, just less severely.