Author Topic: Reserves v Waltham on the Wolds (aka "Grantham" Athletic) tonight  (Read 3512 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United - best ground in Step 7 football!
    • View Profile
Don't be surprised if the Reserves get double figures tonight! This will surely be a no contest against a team that have lost their two opening games 9-2 and 5-1. Not quite sure why Lincolnshire League Committee allowed a team from Leicestershire to enter this season's competition in the first place - I suppose the name change was part of the agreement. Clearly, at this early stage, they are playing at a level too high for themselves and one hopes, for the League's sake, that Waltham on the Wolds can make their rather generous admittance to the League worthwhile - after tonight, of course! :bunny
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 05:26:27 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Reserves v Waltham on the Wolds (aka "Grantham" Athletic) tonight
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 09:42:25 PM »
11-3

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United - best ground in Step 7 football!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 10:39:02 PM »
Big scoreline! Thought "Grantham" battled hard and deserved their 3 goals but, like ourselves, were poor at the back. There is little doubt that "Grantham" will struggle to impress in the Lincolnshire League this year. Good hat-tricks for Jordan Nuttell and James Reed - although the latter would probably admit he didn't have the best 90 mins of his footballing life. Was impressed with Ngoni "Mario" Dongo - battled hard and showed a lot of skill despite getting a bit battered by a couple of large lads from Waltham on the Wolds! Lee Orrey did well when he came on too. Charlie Sanders had a number of good runs playing in the role of a winger for the night. Good entertainment and another 3 points and a huge goal bonus for the second string! Well done Vinno and the lads.  :bunny
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 01:34:47 AM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 08:12:45 AM »
Gary mills turned up for the reserve game only to be told the manager didnt want to risk him. 2nd time in a week hes done that. Bang out of order from greene. Is he trying to force him out?

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 11:08:32 AM »
Clearly its not been handled well, given Mills twitter comments, but I'd much rather see him on the sidelines for a game like this than some wannabe kick a lump out of him.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 09:52:00 PM »
Surely he'd have gained nothing but bruises if the oppostion were not upto the challenge.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 01:15:16 PM »
Don't necessarily believe all Mills says on Twitter.  He had a major falling out with the supporters at Tamworth over some comments he made on Twitter - they hate him. 
Now he seems to be on the way out of Boston and I'd guess it won't end amicably!