Author Topic: Town End  (Read 1873 times)

Huntie

• View Profile
Town End
« on: February 13, 2015, 03:34:16 PM »
Hello guys, long time no see. I used to be on here years ago, well maybe not directly here but the old Patter. Anyways, its been a long time since I went to a football match as I used to go with my Dad but stopped as he became ill and passed away. The other Saturday I decided I will go to a match again, I really enjoyed it feeling like iv never left the place. Although Im still a bit new to this change of stands, I used to always be in the York Street end of the ground and go through near where you into the main stand. This had changed so I was abit confused and went into the Spayne Lane. :o Still I didn't mind as iv watched from all stands many of times years back but when is the Town end the home end and is York street always divided now like that instead of being just the one stand. Do you have to enter the Spayne Lane entrance and go through the tunnel to get there?  :)
UTP

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Town End
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 11:02:02 PM »
There must be somewhere online that describes the setup better than I can be arsed to type.

Other than when Stockport come calling

Townend... home fans, entered from that end of the ground.

Spayne Road... 1/2 home fans, 1/2 empty, 100% accused of moaning at everything.

York Street... 1/2 away fans (entered from near the whatever its latest incarnation seated stand is called)

1/2 Home fans, entered via Spayne Road and through tunnel into York Street.

Main Stand.... Seated at football, not my thing so not entered via the turnstiles in the carpark.

Welcome Back.  Ignore the detractors, things aren't that bad really.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Town End
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 09:18:07 AM »
There must be somewhere online that describes the setup better than I can be arsed to type.

Other than when Stockport come calling

Townend... home fans, entered from that end of the ground.

Spayne Road... 1/2 home fans, 1/2 empty, 100% accused of moaning at everything.

York Street... 1/2 away fans (entered from near the whatever its latest incarnation seated stand is called)

1/2 Home fans, entered via Spayne Road and through tunnel into York Street.

Main Stand.... Seated at football, not my thing so not entered via the turnstiles in the carpark.

Welcome Back.  Ignore the detractors, things aren't that bad really.