Author Topic: Todays match and Drury  (Read 12608 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Todays match and Drury
« on: March 02, 2013, 11:01:11 PM »
Since patter is in overdrive and i could not keep up with it i just thought i would ask.

After coming out of the match today. Pissed off, and very mad like most fans today i took my chance to speak to Drury.

So out come a pint and time to chat.

Id like to say first i did say to him that the performance  of late was poor in which he did not disagree he also agreed on the following,

1.He had not replaced Jones (He did confirm that this was in hand)
2.We had a lack of left footed players( This is also in the line)
3.Had a few things changed since taking over in which he said yes but did not say what(understandable).

He admitted rightly that things was not  good at present but was also very hand tied from day one
and there was 2 players incoming, 1 subject to watching his next match due to a recent injury.

Today was proppa crap but im still behind the club,team and manager 100% and as a club(united by name) we will get this right.

Anita Goodsheet

• View Profile
Re: Todays match and Drury
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 11:19:20 PM »

3.Had a few things changed since taking over in which he said yes but did not say what(understandable).

Yes. Before he started we thought he was crap. Now we know he is.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 12:38:02 AM »
So u think its is fault he lost Jones,Jelly and a large Budget cut a few weeks into taken the job. Before slating him id advice anyone to sit and talk to him and u might find out how honest and open he is,  Also on the note of open and honesty so is newton, But it seems a lot are to low in the gut and happy to sit here and slag them of without getting anything valid to do so.

As i said i i am a pissed of fan because of our current form and currently unhappy watching crap but also understand the losses suffered,and why the hard choice of hacking the budget was made.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 06:40:46 AM »
Do you think he was giving you some of his bullshit talk?

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 07:36:36 AM »
As his number one supporter why don't you go and seek him out KON, see what you think of his answers?

"You can fool some of the people some of the time " etc etc, springs to mind here doesn't it?

Inspite of yesterdays debacle I am still behind the manager, as I was behind Lee and would be so behind any of our managers but my support is hanging on by the thinest of cotton threads thats for sure

He hasn't replaced Jones who I am not convinced he even started, and we haven't got many left footed players.

Surely his contact book should have taken care of those little problems and he can hardly say anything positive about recent performances or results when on current form-the last six matches- we are sitting very uncomfortably just above the hapless duo of Corby Town and Hinkley neither of which I think we have beaten have we, and thats as scary as our form

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 07:41:50 AM »
I dont need to see him! Im sure his puppets/muppets will answer for him on this forum!

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 07:48:16 AM »
I thought our 4 best players were off the pace 2 day that being ross milnes swd newsham.

maybe we will see ross back in the middle with milnes on tue.

fairclough in place of swd maybe

lets not forgett we had 3 atempts cleared off the line. we should have put them out of sight firsthalf

its not the team i would wont to start next season and it wont be we all no that.

Anita Goodsheet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 08:05:53 AM »
If I'm being honest, yes I do blame him for jones and jelly going. I don't think he knows a good player from a bad one and I think he thinks he can bring in better players for less money - which I've not seen evidence of so far.
Would you not ask at the interview what your budgets going to be ? I'd be interested to know what it is compared to the teams above.
I'd also like to know what our budget was 2 seasons ago with 1500 gates compared to now with gates of 800. Is the club better off with gates of 800 ?

If the budgets been slashed that much, work closer with the reserves and youth team, get the younger lads a bit of first team experience.
He's brought players in, he's picked the formation, he's played them out of position. Are these not valid points to have a bit of a pop at him ? I don't feel I need to see him after the game and get his life story. I'm only interested in what he does on match day.
I don't want to be keyboard coward, but I'd rather vent my frustrations on here than in front of the players. It's not their fault.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 10:50:32 AM »
If I'm being honest, yes I do blame him for jones and jelly going. I don't think he knows a good player from a bad one and I think he thinks he can bring in better players for less money - which I've not seen evidence of so far.
Would you not ask at the interview what your budgets going to be ? I'd be interested to know what it is compared to the teams above.
I'd also like to know what our budget was 2 seasons ago with 1500 gates compared to now with gates of 800. Is the club better off with gates of 800 ?

If the budgets been slashed that much, work closer with the reserves and youth team, get the younger lads a bit of first team experience.
He's brought players in, he's picked the formation, he's played them out of position. Are these not valid points to have a bit of a pop at him ? I don't feel I need to see him after the game and get his life story. I'm only interested in what he does on match day.
I don't want to be keyboard coward, but I'd rather vent my frustrations on here than in front of the players. It's not their fault.

I spoke to Jones 2-3 weeks before he left and he was very unhappy about being played out of position, then being dropped for not performing well whilst out of position.  His exact words were "that's what happens when you are bombed out on the wing".  Not saying that was his only reason for leaving, but it certainly didn't help.

Mr Drury seems hell bent on playing players out of position, as if he sees something the rest of us don't.  It doesn't make them happy but that would not matter if it got results, but it doesn't.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:55:02 AM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 11:13:22 AM »
It was interesting seeing Marshall's response to being substituted.

A shrug of the shoulders and a glance at Haystead - no idea what the "plan" was now.

Preparation at its finest  :dan

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 11:28:26 AM »

A shrug of the shoulders and a glance at Haystead - no idea what the "plan" was now.

MAYBE drury was looking after marshalls well being after recovering from a virus.
I thought he had a very good game and will be playing TUE.for sure.

Seenbetter

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 11:34:22 AM »
Players are not going to criticise their manager publicly because they will be shown the door so he can say they fully support him without fear of contradiction, but I do wonder what they think of this feller. Players need confidence in their manager but I feel that is missing from the team.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 11:59:05 AM »
Players are not going to criticise their manager publicly because they will be shown the door so he can say they fully support him without fear of contradiction, but I do wonder what they think of this feller. Players need confidence in their manager but I feel that is missing from the team.

I think the players look of dejection when leaving the field told us a lot more than the managers post-match bluster .

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 01:05:43 PM »

MAYBE drury was looking after marshalls well being after recovering from a virus.
I thought he had a very good game and will be playing TUE.for sure.

At right back then, or is that too radical?
United we stand..................

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 02:06:16 PM »
I thought our 4 best players were off the pace 2 day that being ross milnes swd newsham.

maybe we will see ross back in the middle with milnes on tue.

fairclough in place of swd maybe

lets not forgett we had 3 atempts cleared off the line. we should have put them out of sight firsthalf

its not the team i would wont to start next season and it wont be we all no that.

"Ross , Milnes ,  SWD and Newsham our best players "  ,  pity none of  GD signings could justify
being  included in that statement .!