Author Topic: Miller on leaving United  (Read 8207 times)

black n yella

Re: Miller on leaving United
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 03:26:30 PM »
All the best Ricky for the future. None of us reasonable folk would begrudge you a chance at becoming a pro. You'll leave a gap here next season but I look forward to seeing you on tele, maybe falling over in the box ay kid  ;)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2014, 09:04:32 AM »

It's surprising when a player doesn't get picked up at Football League level until the age of 25, especially when he's been in the shop window with several different non-league clubs. It was a similar story with Keith Alexander, who did the rounds at Boston, Kettering, Barnet, Stamford, etc., and who I think was actually past 30 by the time Grimsby gave him his chance. You can't though criticise any player for being ambitious and grabbing the chance to play professionally if and when that chance does come along. If Miller was moving on to North Ferriby then any criticism would be fair, but there is a difference between moving up the divisions and moving to the highest bidder in Conference North. I hope things work out for him at Luton. Whilst we need a bit of experience in the squad somewhere, on the whole I think we're better off having younger players trying to move upwards rather than ex-League players on the way down.

We do now need to find a new penalty taker! I was always confident when Ricky stepped up to the penalty spot, as I was with Spencer Weir-Daley. I don't want to be overcritical of Newsham because there are lot's of players not brave enough to take penalties, but I'm not sure his spot kicks have ever been quite as convincing - I've still got the memories from Bradford Park Avenue and Telford to prove it!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2014, 03:05:51 PM »
Southwell has managed 1 out of 1 at York Street so far in his career.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2014, 07:48:47 AM »
Noticed yesterday that Luton's golden boot winner Gray has just been sold, suddenly the move looks even better for miller!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2014, 10:52:20 PM »
"Miller on leaving United"

I care little, he has gone, we move on.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2014, 07:04:36 AM »

Hallelujah.......at last, someone not dwelling on the past.

Post of the post season.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2014, 10:38:43 AM »
Followed by the most ironic post of the season so far  ;)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2014, 11:42:31 AM »
I think we've all rightly moved on forties as we all have to, and only one of us appears to be still riddled with bitterness!  ;D

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 06:08:07 PM »

Hallelujah.......at last, someone not dwelling on the past.

Post of the post season.

Shot yourself in the foot there NF
United we stand..................

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2014, 03:32:42 PM »
Miller scores for Luton.

PUBLISHED

11:30 20th July 2014

The Town lifted the David Preece Memorial Trophy for a third time thanks to a 4-0 victory over AFC Dunstable at Creasey Park on Saturday afternoon.

It was a youthful Hatters side that took to the field with trialists Mark Onyemah and Charlie Walker both given 90 minutes in a bid to win a contract.

And both did their chances no harm with fine performances, including striker Walker who netted a brace.

However, it was another striker – Ricky Miller – that put the Town ahead after 16 minutes when he finished well having flicked the ball past the advancing goalkeeping following Solomon Taiwo’s pass.

Both sides came close to scoring once more with Elliot Justham twice saving well, but the Town doubled their lead with 70 minutes on the clock when Walker fizzed in a low drive that gave the hosts’ keeper no chance.

Walker then doubled his own tally moments later when nodding home before Taiwo wrapped up the victory with the goal of the game from a free-kick from distance.

Town: Justham, Longden, Onyemah, Fitzsimons, Fry, Smith, Taiwo, Martin, Walker, Banton, Miller

Read more at http://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/article/afc-dunstable-gallery-1770804.aspx#MQo1V6mIfchXHvRm.99

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2014, 03:55:36 PM »
Quick delete that post before N40's goes into meltdown!  ;D

He still thinks we wont miss his goals, that Palestine are the worlds biggest prune exporters and the moon isn't made of cheese but of Walkers flavoured onion rings

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2014, 05:45:18 PM »
Luton played Barnet yesterday but Ricky did not make the 19 man squad .