Author Topic: Leamington  (Read 10141 times)

Cromwellpilgrim

• View Profile
Leamington
« on: April 15, 2014, 06:24:05 PM »
Who will be making the trip?

There will be me + 3.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Leamington
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 08:47:07 PM »
Iffy goings on there, could be a case for Mulder and Scully.......

http://www.itv.com/news/central/update/2014-04-15/mystery-black-ring-spotted-in-warwickshire-skies/

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 09:19:08 PM »
Would like to think despite tonight's results meaning we're still odds against, that loads will go. We need to keep sniffing around and pounce on any slips.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 11:53:10 AM »
Would like to think despite tonight's results meaning we're still odds against, that loads will go. We need to keep sniffing around and pounce on any slips.

Correct guiseley only need to slip once and lose and the goal different puts it back in our area.
Hednesford lose one and that puts them only a point clear,
Althou we need to win all ours and hope for a slip above anything is possible

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 02:01:51 PM »
I think our main chance is Hednesford.....away at Oxford who still need points and away at Barrow who are the current form team. 

Just the small issue of us getting 3 points from North Ferriby.....

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 02:59:00 PM »
Barrow have only won once in last 8 games though.

womble

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 06:21:50 PM »
Son and I planning another away day. Really enjoyed the away day at Solihull and as Leamington is roughly the same journey time from Lincoln thought we'd do it again. Hopefully bringing my dad along for the ride as well.

Amber Man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 07:52:24 PM »
I'm going +3, this is a huge game if we lose i think our hopes are over but a win will keep up the pressure on guiseley and hednesford and hopefully mean a big attendance for monday. Personally don't think we will make it but its certainly been a lot more entertaining season.

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 03:32:48 AM »
Yes Cromwell Pilgrim!! We need as many people as we can to go because i would hate to think we would slip up at a place like leamington, as many have pointed out, our goal difference is far better so all it would take is guisely to lose and we are back in the driving seat! I would love the last game of the season to still mean something, so lets get behind the boys and take a lot to leamington to help the lads get a win and then should almost certainly be a lot at home on monday to stop ferriby winning the league

XYU

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 12:47:25 PM »
Well, I'm going, as it's my nearest game since Hinckley self destructed.
If we're not careful the playoff chase could be over before Monday. I watched Leam dismantle Oxford a couple of weeks ago in a manner we weren't able to. They're unbeaten in 6 and a very decent outfit now. Big, strong and a couple of decent passers in midfield. The loan kid in midfield they've got from Walsall is something a bit special. But if we can play as we did in the last 20 on saturday we should have enough to get past them.
Their keeper also loves to charge out of goal at the drop of a hat, and with their defence being the big-strong type and not the quickest, I'm thinking Miller on form will be key for us.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 04:01:07 PM »
Since xmas, Miller is always the key, however perhaps not in these last three games. It will be the defence. Keep clean sheets, and we will win them all as surely with this new, much more attack minded system we will score at some time, regardless of who gets it.My worry is the back four as a unit. The goal we let in Saturday was comical defending, the goals at Workington, Barrow, Colwyn Bay were nearly all avoidable. If the back four do their job, as we know they can and on so many occasions have, then if anyone does slip up, we can still sneak in. Good luck Saturday, and then hopefully a huge crowd will roar them on Monday against NF, who in fairness bullied us to pieces up there, we were awful. Hopefully with the extra tenacity we have in the team this will not be the case come the bank holiday. Last time we played them we had Bore and Sensara who bottled it big time, we now have Steer and Mills and they alone could prove the difference. Last time we played them Miller was up front on his own and never saw the ball, I rather feel he will this time! This wont be a match for the feint hearted, and if as suggested DG reads the forums, for gods sake, going into war as Monday 'metophorically' will be, who would you rather have fighting next to you McGhee or SWD, Ross or Milnes, enough said.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 08:24:42 PM by B Grimes »

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 10:29:59 AM »
Who is this hicks player? Not seen us sign anybody called hicks?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 12:45:34 PM »
I assume he means Mills, of the Zak variety.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 02:35:00 PM »
JUST one of his HICKUPS ;; yawn ;;  :)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 04:43:35 PM »
Well we need to go there and win. They're got very little to play for but have been on a decent run of late- should be a good crowd there with hopefully a healthy turnout from us. But I'm trying to see favours coming from elsewhere and I'm not sure where they're coming from. We have the hardest run-in of all the teams in the 3rd-6th spots