Author Topic: Abysmal !!  (Read 9081 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Abysmal !!
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 04:15:06 PM »
Dyer-Stewart was clearly (and probably understandably) nervous. He needs more games in the reserves. As for Newsham...a pity that golden opportunity didn't fall to SWD.

It Was offside YY
Offside wasn't given - a goalkick was.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 09:38:46 PM »
based on them highlights i think alot of people on this forum are over reacting. plenty of movement going forward around the box, as well of good chances which their keeper made some good saves.
as per usual, give it 10 games before making your minds up on the rest of the season.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 09:42:06 PM »
based on them highlights i think alot of people on this forum are over reacting. plenty of movement going forward around the box, as well of good chances which their keeper made some good saves.
as per usual, give it 10 games before making your minds up on the rest of the season.

Pretty much what i though,t saw some good stuff but some stupid mistakes defending that need sorting out. 

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 12:15:28 AM »
Young, inexperienced defence probably cost us in the end. Tried to over play it at the back at times. All is not lost though because Miller, Stainsfield and Field i have all shown at times this season and in pre season that they are capable but missed an experienced head. Hopefully Jells, Willson, Ward and Marshall will be back in contention soon.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 10:53:07 AM »
Dyer-Stewart was clearly (and probably understandably) nervous. He needs more games in the reserves. As for Newsham...a pity that golden opportunity didn't fall to SWD.

It Was offside YY

Yes but the flag was up so if it had hit the net the ref would have seen the flag was up. So my point is it wouldn't have mattered who was there

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 11:31:35 AM »
For a start i dont like to criticize Boston, and i am a passionate supporter and have had a seson ticket since i was 4. But yes no motivation, drive or tactics. Im bneginning to think we might be finishing bottom half even relegation zone if we carry on like this. To be honest you wouldnt have thought jason lee and his assistant was in the dugout. Thay hardly say a word! This especially happened in the game against Workington. Yes jason might say shouting and telling kids what to do isnt going to help, but there is no encouragement is there! Its about time he did start shouting and giving orders and encouragement on that sideline because at the moment we are not getting anywhere with his technique. Im only a teenager myself but if anything we shouldnt have so may young kids in the team, this league has lots of ex pros and most of the teams that come are all bigger and stronger than us. Having a couple of strong big experienced players in the team is still an issue, because with most of our team of young players we are knocked off the ball and beaten to pretty much everything. Dont get me wrong the players in this team are fairly good players and are talented but we need that experience and muscle to go with it, and at the moment there is a lack of that, because the fans have been saying this for 2 seasons now! The other point to it is that, if we have young kids jason lee should really be working hard doing homework on teams so we can have a gameplan to beat these teams in this league. However i have the belief we can turn it around if we get things right! But the managing team need to realize that they have come to a club where the fans want promotion and we do not want to be messing around with mid table finishes. Lets hope things turn around! Up the Pilgrims!!!  :)

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 11:32:38 AM »
I know we have brought in a player on loan who is a bit more experienced and stonger but that has hardly had an impact at all.

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 01:43:40 PM »
I know we have brought in a player on loan who is a bit more experienced and stonger but that has hardly had an impact at all.

Alright there,  Yes I can see the point you are making with experienced players but many will cost big bucks or be past it, I was fedup as anyone on Saturday, heard many supporters stating we needed more physical players (normally come with less skill) on the way out of the ground.I just want to see JL with a proper game plan and better half time team talks.

I feel as a fan it will be hard but we will have to be patient like it or not , budget does matter when you need to bring in quality players ask LC fans.The players I hope we have develop over the season, no real point of getting rid of JL but he does have alot to learn for the sake of BU & himself and quickly , as the last match was drifting away from us in the second half crying out for another sub when this came it was far too late needs to more be proactive.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 01:49:56 PM by BosLeake »

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 04:53:35 PM »
Yes I appreciate the club has limited funds but they could take a couple of strong experienced players in on loan! JL has the contacts. David newton also knows how much the fans want promotion and having them sort of players will make that more likely to happen. Plus JL could have not signed as many kids and brought in some experienced strong players. I would rather have a smaller squad will a mixture of young players and strong experienced players, than a massive squad of young players that we have at the moment, and at this moment in time it shows that isn't working, plus having the small squad with a mixture might save a little big of money. Dont get me wrong, like i said in an earlier comment the young players we have are talented but we need more than that at the moment especially if we want to be promotion contenders.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 06:28:03 PM »
Yes I appreciate the club has limited funds but they could take a couple of strong experienced players in on loan! JL has the contacts. David newton also knows how much the fans want promotion and having them sort of players will make that more likely to happen. Plus JL could have not signed as many kids and brought in some experienced strong players. I would rather have a smaller squad will a mixture of young players and strong experienced players, than a massive squad of young players that we have at the moment, and at this moment in time it shows that isn't working, plus having the small squad with a mixture might save a little big of money. Dont get me wrong, like i said in an earlier comment the young players we have are talented but we need more than that at the moment especially if we want to be promotion contenders.
Not sure where your coming from at the moment J.B. we will get a top 5 finish i am sure ; but that's where it stop's.promotion we cannot afford '(we do need the excitement of playoff's at least ) as for kid's i am not sure what age your on about .if it's under 21 i would say marshall and miller would be the only 2 on wage's .the other's may be on playing time only 'so wage's zero ;and dont let's kid ourselve's (them kid's would get good money in any U.C.L side as J.L comented at one time )so let's be thankfull for nothing .there all good lad's i wish them well .no dought someone will say where not a charity either .(i think we are asking for something for nothing from them ....

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2012, 06:34:13 PM »
I Still think the squad at the mo is good enough to get better results than the last 3 matches, the next few games will be interesting.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2012, 09:10:00 PM »

It Was offside YY

Yes but the flag was up so if it had hit the net the ref would have seen the flag was up. So my point is it wouldn't have mattered who was there
The flag went up to signal the goal kick. It is very similar to the offside indication.