Author Topic: Today's game  (Read 16208 times)

tom and jerry

• View Profile
Re: Today's game
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2017, 03:05:35 PM »
Fairhurst has a decent pedigree and so we'd be daft to bin him without giving him a chance I reckon

Having a smaller fella up there may also make us play more 'joined up' football too as we see to go too long too early too often

For Saturday, assuming Josh R is suspended I'd go with:

Durrant

Thomas Batchelor Gatter Gordon

Fitzpatrick Clarke Hilliard

Marshall Fairhurst Rollins

Still leaves a decent (ish) bench of Colley, Chippendale, St Juste (if fit) Clappison plus one other

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2017, 04:42:01 PM »
Give Fairhurst a chance? 18 appearances (10 starts), 1 goal... and scoring that goal he got injured.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2017, 05:26:01 PM »
Fairhurst has a decent pedigree and so we'd be daft to bin him without giving him a chance I reckon

Having a smaller fella up there may also make us play more 'joined up' football too as we see to go too long too early too often

For Saturday, assuming Josh R is suspended I'd go with:

Durrant

Thomas Batchelor Gatter Gordon

Fitzpatrick Clarke Hilliard

Marshall Fairhurst Rollins

Still leaves a decent (ish) bench of Colley, Chippendale, St Juste (if fit) Clappison plus one other

IMO   Fairhurst,just like Colley,has had many chances to impress....without any success by either player.....Fairhurst {to be errrr...fair } may fair better in midfield...he is certainly not a proven striker at this level...

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2017, 05:30:13 PM »
I may be wrong but I thought that the suspension for league game red cards begins 7 days after the date of sending off, so Robinson could be available to play against Chorley.
United we stand..................

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2017, 05:57:24 PM »
Coach Lewis said at end of commentary on Sat that there would be a few trialists in upcoming U21 game , whenever that is ..

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2017, 06:24:03 PM »
If you check out Wikipedia then it shows Fairhurst as being quite prolific at the level above ours between 2011 and 2015. So the question is, how do Boston get the best out of him? At 27 he should be in the peak of his career. Here's also what it says about him:

'Fairhurst is an energetic, creative forward, who is just as effective with either foot and he is a versatile attacker, capable of playing anywhere along the front line, as a striker, supporting forward, or even as a winger. he's even been deployed in a deeper, more creative role, as an attacking midfielder because of his passing ability. Fairhurst is renowned for scoring goals inside the area. Fairhurst has also been praised for his work-rate and stamina'

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2017, 06:57:51 PM »
If you check out Wikipedia then it shows Fairhurst as being quite prolific at the level above ours between 2011 and 2015. So the question is, how do Boston get the best out of him? At 27 he should be in the peak of his career. Here's also what it says about him:

'Fairhurst is an energetic, creative forward, who is just as effective with either foot and he is a versatile attacker, capable of playing anywhere along the front line, as a striker, supporting forward, or even as a winger. he's even been deployed in a deeper, more creative role, as an attacking midfielder because of his passing ability. Fairhurst is renowned for scoring goals inside the area. Fairhurst has also been praised for his work-rate and stamina'
who's the author? Mr W Fairhurst per chance?!?!?!?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2017, 07:29:12 PM »
I may be wrong but I thought that the suspension for league game red cards begins 7 days after the date of sending off, so Robinson could be available to play against Chorley.

It changed in the summer, suspensions start from the next game.

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2017, 07:34:03 PM »
Fairhurst....as you know i don't like lamin or waide but out of the two, fairhurst has more pedigree.   Having said this i think fairhursts best days are gone.  Too many injuries and over weight, like i said before a journeyman.

I think we would.do better by promoting one of the under 21's into the side, we cant do much worse.  This way we dont need to panic by and can wait until lamin and waises contract ends - boston should be asking for their money back the way they have played. Now then, lamin colley....ive never watched anyone with so much lack of interest and energy.  I dont know what it is about him, i thibk what annoys me is this season hes had such an opportunity to prove himself, but if i can see that he isnt interest what does adam think? well i know this now by playing a ch up front