Author Topic: Today's game  (Read 16214 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today's game
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2017, 11:25:01 AM »
There hasn't been a clean sheet for 3 months
  Its not just the attack which needs attention ..

In the 5 matches AM has been here we have conceded 6 goals ,   equal to 50 goals a season .   Pre AM the rate we were conceding goals was equal to 90 goals a season .  I think that is a remarkable turnaround .
Stags fans praised his defending organising and it looks fully justified .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2017, 11:31:02 AM »
No body from Sunderland yet LOL 😁

Fairly impressed with Fitzpatrick on Saturday ,   If AM can find loans the quality of those from Sunderland
I will be impressed .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2017, 11:40:00 AM »
100% gutted for our brilliant new manager.

Why is he brilliant ?

TEP
I believe it's an ironic or sarcastic quote and play on the word brilliant, as used by another poster when describing Adam Murray at a very early stage in his tenure.

I was not being sarcastic so stop looking for negatives all the time where there are positive posts! Until Saturday he had 4 games and no defeats. Adam Murray IS a good manager and will be pushing BUFC for promotion next season.

TEP was entitled to question the statement .   As I mention in another post his defensive organising is impressive ,  apart from that we have little to judge him on due to injuries and lack of quality players .

Time to judge will be next season when he is working with his own signings .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2017, 12:17:38 PM »
Yes improved ,but a few noughts conceded wouldnt go amiss 😶

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2017, 12:50:20 PM »
100% gutted for our brilliant new manager.

Why is he brilliant ?

TEP
I believe it's an ironic or sarcastic quote and play on the word brilliant, as used by another poster when describing Adam Murray at a very early stage in his tenure.

I was not being sarcastic so stop looking for negatives all the time where there are positive posts! Until Saturday he had 4 games and no defeats. Adam Murray IS a good manager and will be pushing BUFC for promotion next season.

TEP was entitled to question the statement .   As I mention in another post his defensive organising is impressive ,  apart from that we have little to judge him on due to injuries and lack of quality players .

Time to judge will be next season when he is working with his own signings .
sorry, i didn't mean to offend you with my remark. i agree with your comments regarding AM, he has done and said the right things so far for me also.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2017, 02:00:35 PM »
everyone is entitled to their opinion chaps. that's why we love the beautiful game so much. it's all about opinions

so far based on what i've seen we are solid but need to be more expansive. we've not had a lot of good luck recently either and the playing surface being so poor doesn't help

AM has his hands tied this season but i reckon he'll get it right next season and is the right man for the job

looking forward to a positive finish to this season and hitting the ground running next

all the best to BUFC fans, players, management and staff and a happy new year to you all

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2017, 02:04:28 PM »
everyone is entitled to their opinion chaps. that's why we love the beautiful game so much. it's all about opinions

so far based on what i've seen we are solid but need to be more expansive. we've not had a lot of good luck recently either and the playing surface being so poor doesn't help

AM has his hands tied this season but i reckon he'll get it right next season and is the right man for the job

looking forward to a positive finish to this season and hitting the ground running next

all the best to BUFC fans, players, management and staff and a happy new year to you all

Thanks t&g   ,    always enjoyed your programmes on telly . :)

youngchubby69

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2017, 05:50:06 PM »
I always thought Tom, got the tough end of the deal lol

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2017, 08:35:09 PM »
If we got shut of Fairhurst and Colley we could probably afford £500p/w on a good striker....

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2017, 07:42:55 AM »
If we got shut of Fairhurst and Colley we could probably afford £500p/w on a good striker....

Do they get £250 a week each ? Would be interested to see the list of salary payments if you have access to them ?

TEP

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2017, 09:32:33 AM »

Do they get £250 a week each ? Would be interested to see the list of salary payments if you have access to them ?

TEP
Should it be in the public domain?
Would we give the lower earners a chance and expect higher  performance every game from the big hitters??

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2017, 10:05:35 AM »

How do we get rid of Fairhurst and Colley ?
Where do we pick up  proven a 20 goals+ a season Con North goal scorer for £500 /week .?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2017, 10:39:41 AM »

How do we get rid of Fairhurst and Colley ?
Where do we pick up  proven a 20 goals+ a season Con North goal scorer for £500 /week .?

Not sure about the getting rid bit, but picking up a 'proven goalscorer' won't happen for that price, so we probably need to gamble on an unproven (put possibly great) Conf North goalscorer much as we did with Dayle... which is why we need to invest time in scouting.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2017, 10:43:27 AM »
As has been said Fairhurst is under contract so we can't just 'get rid of him'.

He's not had a bad goal scoring record at other clubs in the past. However he's had an indifferent season so far for us being injured for a large part of the season and it's also been said that he's not kept himself fully fit and it seemed that he fell out with Dennis Greene.

With Colley our only other striker. Our best bet it for Adam Murray to give Fairhurst a chance, get fully fit and produce what he is capable of. If he's fit enough, start him in the middle of a front 3 on Saturday with Rollins and Chippendale or Marshall.

youngchubby69

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2017, 12:41:47 PM »
I agree Lee, give Wade a chance and see how he goes, if he doesn't cut it then let him go or play in the development league.
I think we need to get off these two players backs and try and support and push them on.
I agree that Dennis Green probably had a big fall out with Wade and that may have knocked his confidence and self belief.