Author Topic: Dear Dave  (Read 3506 times)

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Dear Dave
« on: February 06, 2013, 12:56:27 PM »
Hic, in another drunken stupour again (me that is) and so I thought I would tell you how to get a new ground provided you don't need to make a personal profit from it (and looking at the dividends you pay yourself you don't need the cash to be frank!)

Ask the council to lease you some land for 100 years (that way the football club has an owner that is accountable to the local population unlike you and Sotnick) and then start to build bit by bit (suggest you start now well before the lease runs out) and fundraise so that fans can see their money going into something tangible.  Local businesses may help you out to a degree and you can apply for various grants as you know.

When you have done this you need to reincorporate BUFC into a fan owned club (if not directly managed by fans) and get rid of the £1 million plus creditor on the current balance sheet.

Very simple really.  :bunny

The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Dave
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 12:59:22 PM »
Why Lease. Already as the land

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 01:42:06 PM »
Ownership dear boy.  The land should be owned by the council or kept in trust so that we never have the club in this sort of position again.  :-*
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 07:06:54 PM »
1 I would not want to be on land owned by the council here as they are not the best bunch for that sort of thing, most of there employees will agree with that.
2 Im not against trust ownership but if all goes to plan Bufc ground will be on Bufc land.

TBH i know your distance is a issue but if you have so much intrest in what Bufc or the chestnuts are doing go and meet them and express yourself.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 11:21:00 AM »
Definitely not Council owned land, PRSA!!! :P

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 12:55:51 PM »
Hic, in another drunken stupour again (me that is) and so I thought I would tell you how to get a new ground provided you don't need to make a personal profit from it (and looking at the dividends you pay yourself you don't need the cash to be frank!)

Ask the council to lease you some land for 100 years (that way the football club has an owner that is accountable to the local population unlike you and Sotnick) and then start to build bit by bit (suggest you start now well before the lease runs out) and fundraise so that fans can see their money going into something tangible.  Local businesses may help you out to a degree and you can apply for various grants as you know.

When you have done this you need to reincorporate BUFC into a fan owned club (if not directly managed by fans) and get rid of the £1 million plus creditor on the current balance sheet.

Very simple really.  :bunny
Too simple. How do you build bit by bit and stick to the strict ground regs for the league we are in (unless you are proposing to demote us?). If we're going to run the stadiums side by side surely that's a waste of funds still paying the rent for YS and funding the new ground. Any commercial activities would also surely rely on us being in the stadium. Personally think doing it that way creates more problems than it solves...

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 12:59:24 PM »
fine. If you feel you can build a new stadium in the close season.  Surely some parallel running is going to take place? And if the council own the land i ma sure that something could be done to minimise the lease costs during this period. The council would not want to bankrupt the its new tenant surely?  ;)

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 01:44:53 PM »
fine. If you feel you can build a new stadium in the close season.  Surely some parallel running is going to take place? And if the council own the land i ma sure that something could be done to minimise the lease costs during this period. The council would not want to bankrupt the its new tenant surely?  ;)
Sorry I perceived your idea of piecemeal stadium as over several seasons. Obviously it's going to take more than a close season to build something decent. I'd say a stadium of Nuneaton standards is what your suggesting which would obviously still require the biggest cost coming at the front end but I'd agree this is probably the easiest way to get things rolling.

Not against your idea per se, just don't think it's as straightforward as you suggest. It would also mean getting the council on-board which is easier said than done, although they are well renowned for throwing good money after bad (Princess Royal) so if we could persuade them it'd be a great cashcow that could be continually milked  ;)

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 03:37:06 PM »
The detail is not straight forward I concede (these things never are), but the principle is.   :bunny

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 04:12:29 PM »
Just remind us, dear boy, who you work for, and should you be posting in company time.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 05:50:44 PM »
Hey Gus - what if Scouse Pilgrim is on annual leave ??

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 07:20:33 PM »
No. Must be at work. If he was on annual leave he would be too pi##ed to post!