Author Topic: Directors comments last night?  (Read 16457 times)

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Directors comments last night?
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2011, 01:38:48 PM »
All this fuss about something that Cookie was 100% right on

Nail, Hammer, Head.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2011, 01:41:51 PM »
I think everyone who was there would have settled for 1-0, especially after the way they battered us for most of the second half.  Fantastic effort by Canners and Murphy against their giant forward, as I don't think either of them are fully match fit.  
Can't believe any supporter would criticise us for giving ourselves a chance in the second leg - if we'd gone 2 down, that could have opened the floodgates and would have been game over.
Their no. 16 caused us so many problems - not the usual sort of Guiseley player as he is less than 6ft 5 and played football!
As Faraway Pilgrim said, I thought at the time that we should have put Cully on for Church at HT and moved Clarke to midfield, but can understand that we wanted to keep one of our talismanic players on the pitch.  
It was definitely a penalty for handball - I was behind that goal so it was right in front of me.  But, if he'd given that, you know he would have given a handball appeal they had a few minutes later when a cross was blocked, so I don't think we really lost out.  Shame the original ref went off - he was letting the game flow, and not giving 'home' decisions.  
No arguments about their goal or the result - just hope all our key players are fit again for Sunday.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2011, 02:06:19 PM »
Have to say cookie's commentary was top notch as it always is, conisdering he's not a commentater to.

He does say "i must admit" alot though :P

Bob Lee

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2011, 02:11:23 PM »
Have to say cookie's commentary was top notch as it always is, conisdering he's not a commentater to.

He does say "i must admit" alot though :P

John Motson beware ;)  Well done Cookie

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2011, 03:30:43 PM »
Would have taken a 1-0 deficit before kick off and with how things panned out, more than happy to take our chances on Sunday.  Our cards are marked, we have to go for it.  What do they do? Attack and risk a pasting, defend and risk not having an answer if we get one?

In the words of the klaxons.....

It's not over yet
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2011, 03:42:25 PM »
 I listened to the commentary  and I am suprised that Cookies comment could be took out of context.  I think 99% of PROFESSIONAL pundits would have made the same comment judging from the way the game appeared to  be going ,  and 99% of the listeners would grasp exactly what he meant .
   Just would like to add as stated on another thread me are luckier than most non-league teams with the media coverage we get, ( two local papers, Echo, Endeavour,  Craigs Live text and Radio Lincs.  + Look NORTH on TV.)  

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2011, 03:51:19 PM »
Lets all have a team hug,we all want the same outcome...xx

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2011, 04:55:25 PM »
Just got back from sunny Skegness and hoped to see a direct apology to Cookie, from dazziebabe.

Answer:    Bugger all!!!!!!!!!

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2011, 05:12:05 PM »
Half time I'd have been disappointed with a 1-0 loss.  Full time I was more than happy with a 1-0 loss!

We lost the midfield early in the second half and struggled from there.  They did seem a little tired but I'm not surprised by that given the fantastic efforts all season long.

Hopefully we will turn it round on Sunday, if we do great and if we don't it's not the end of the world.  Another season being competitive in this league is no bad thing.  Just hope there is a massive turn out on Sunday to cheer the lads on and give them as much support as possible.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Disgraceful Director?
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2011, 05:23:34 PM »
Chris, please carry on with your commentary, most of us enjoy it. It is nice to hear a director involved in such a way, I can't imagine that many club directors would get involved in commentary, and so well done for that.

Hope you carry on.

Agreed. Chris's presence on the radio gives our club some of the coverage it deserves. It gives the coverage more balance and a notion that we are listening to a County radio station. If Chris suddenly gives up, the risk is that BBC Radio Lincolnshire will look to fill the extra air-time with more pointless texts about Lincoln City and more interviews with everyone at Sincil Bank from the tea lady upwards.

Maybe interviews with the tea lady at Sincil Bank are a good thing though. She's the only one there who gets her hands on any cups.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2011, 09:46:54 PM »
sooner listen to Cookie than Hortin any day!

RamMalc

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2011, 06:48:37 AM »
blimey , just like having that drunken old Rooster back posting for a day or two there lol

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2011, 08:02:26 AM »
blimey , just like having that drunken old Rooster back posting for a day or two there lol

I was thinking more Norfolk Townie?

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2011, 01:13:10 PM »
Think the issue is a classic one:

Take the comments out of context and there may appear very different from what was obviously intended.
 ::)

Just read the Lincoln Echo thread to see how interpretation works wonders .....
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 01:14:52 PM by dubai camel »

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2011, 04:49:31 PM »
Quite interesting how we can become United when attacked. The only positive thing to come out of this ridiculous post is the fighting spirit that has been displayed when a Boston legend is under threat. For what it's worth Cookie, you've always been and always will be a hero of mine, ignore the idiots do not stoop to their level. True supporters of the club know what you have done and are doing and hold you in the utmost respect. Now let's harness the spirit that's been displayed in this post and carry it to York Street on Sunday to help another 11 lads become legends in their own right.