Author Topic: Fab Spiess released by Alfreton  (Read 5427 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Fab Spiess released by Alfreton
« on: May 28, 2017, 11:02:17 AM »
Fab would be a good signing. He would give GW a healthy competition for a place between the sticks.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

tom and jerry

• View Profile
Re: Fab Spiess released by Alfreton
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 11:13:17 AM »
He's 23 now. Would be very surprised if, having had a decent season with Alfreton, he would go to a club where we wasn't going to be number one

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 11:42:37 AM »
He's 23 now. Would be very surprised if, having had a decent season with Alfreton, he would go to a club where we wasn't going to be number one
there'd be no reason he wouldn't be #1 here, with GW on the bench?

John Bunyan, 1684

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 12:25:04 PM »

I don't think letting 95 goals in last season could have done his confidence much good.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 12:27:49 PM »
GW stated he'd come to Boston to be number one cos he wasn't happy being sub at Gainsboro where he lost his place and couldn't get it back

It is my assumption therefore that he must have been guaranteed our shirt or he wouldn't have come

Not convinced GWs arrival isn't change for the sake of change. Time will tell of course

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 12:58:04 PM »

I don't think letting 95 goals in last season could have done his confidence much good.
Ross Durrant came from a team second bottom who were shipping goals for fun, he seemed to gain confidence as time went on, and even managed clean sheets!

John Bunyan, 1684

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 01:36:58 PM »
Kind of what I was suggesting in a way re change for the sake of it. Ross was improving is younger than Gw and is likely to improve further. Time will tell. With the merry go round of keepers in this league who knows if ross and gw will change shirts! Funny old game

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 02:12:20 PM »
Kind of what I was suggesting in a way re change for the sake of it. Ross was improving is younger than Gw and is likely to improve further. Time will tell. With the merry go round of keepers in this league who knows if ross and gw will change shirts! Funny old game
I also thought Ross was doing ok, improving all the while, but was prone to silly goals, mainly due to not communicating with his back four. I was surprised to see him leave, as I also thought "give him a go". Like you say, the merry go round is getting into full swing, and last year's zeros will be next year's heroes for new teams. Sods law will say when they play against us, they'll be star men, and we'll be on this forum saying "he never did that in our shirt", etc.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2017, 03:16:52 PM »

By the same token will it have done Willis confidence any good sitting on the bench for a struggling side fighting relegation ?
Also another one that Alfreton let go .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 03:26:10 PM »
I also thought Ross was doing ok, improving all the while, but was prone to silly goals, mainly due to not communicating with his back four. I was surprised to see him leave, as I also thought "give him a go". Like you say, the merry go round is getting into full swing, and last year's zeros will be next year's heroes for new teams. Sods law will say when they play against us, they'll be star men, and we'll be on this forum saying "he never did that in our shirt", etc.

Yes, already dreading next seasons FA cup ,   suffering a defeat at home by Tinpot Rovers with their goals coming from Fairhurst & Bishop.  :)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2017, 04:26:52 PM »

Yes, already dreading next seasons FA cup ,   suffering a defeat at home by Tinpot Rovers with their goals coming from Fairhurst & Bishop.  :)
you just know its bound to happen!!!!!!!

John Bunyan, 1684

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2017, 02:11:30 AM »
Thought he left us due to the traveling?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2017, 09:19:00 AM »
Thought he left us due to the traveling?

He did, as he lives in Stoke. However, our training base is a bit closer now...