Author Topic: Colwyn Bay  (Read 14179 times)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Colwyn Bay
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2014, 02:18:31 PM »

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2014, 02:43:25 PM »
 Having once lived and worked in Crewe for more than a decade .. it's close to Manc airport and Chester ; Cheshire is a pretty prosperous northern county .
  Also it has the skilled wages from the  Bentley / BMW / RR  car factory .
    I'm sure Boston fans will have to trek through for many a year yet .. as about half the away games seem to be played beyond Stoke/Crewe  .

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2014, 03:17:18 PM »
But as a town, Crewe barely registers on the scale.
Either way, we need to build a new train line- I never see us win when I go via Crewe

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2014, 04:19:05 PM »
Agreed
   The problem is Stoke .. no one likes it , not even the locals .
     The HS2 node being built at Crewe should seal its fate as a permanent backwater ..though a populous one at 400,000 souls and 18 miles wide  Blythe Bridge - Kidsgrove .
      But it does boast a Premiership soccer team !

fT

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2014, 05:34:32 PM »
My daughter lives in Cheshire and we debate where the North begins. I like to point out that Crewe is south of Skegness, yet people in Yorkshire don't recognise Grimsby as north.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2014, 07:37:16 PM »
Politically the North begins in a line from Wash to possibly Worcester
 Thus Boston constituency is the first eastern one in the North .
   In the 1970s I used to reside 5 miles south of Leicester  .. and looked to Gartree Max Security Prison by the  A6 as the start of the South !
     Must have been all those bright 24/7 lights giving the premise of permanent Southern summery time ..

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2014, 10:40:00 PM »
Agree about Miller, Newsh, Garner and Pidge; hopefully whatever league we are in next season they are all with us. The problem as been not having a regular 'keeper to build an understanding with the defence - three lads having the no1 shirt is two too many for a top side at any level! Losing Marrs was a big loss he would have made a real difference playing the last 20 odd games at right back. Sansara wasn't as good as Steer who gets better with each game. Agnew has been brilliant in an otherwise ever changing midfield - maybe we could try and get him again until at least Christmas again next season? A shame Kyle Dixon didn't stay on for the rest of the season as he would have helped protect the back four, wouldn't, if he is released end of season we should snap him up, unlikely but stranger things have happened in the tight financial world of football good promising players are often not given enough time at football league clubs. Hopefully McGhee is kept on he is a top squad player.